Cambridge tops Good University Guide 2018

For the fifth year running

2018 best university Cambridge good university guide NSS running Student the sunday times The Tab Cambridge the times university

Cambridge has once again come top of The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018, which will be published over three days, starting this Sunday 24th September in The Sunday Times.

The Guide ranks universities according to their performance in various key areas for undergraduates. Usually these include teaching quality and student experience, which are derived from the National Student Survey. However, this year we successfully boycotted the NSS, so there’s no data from Cambridge for either category.

No raise in fees for us thank you v much @NSS

Cambridge came highest in the category of facilities spend, with an average of £3,510 spent on every student and a £1bn development project underway for postgraduate accommodation, to be completed in 2030.

Of the 67 subject tables featured in the online edition, Cambridge topped thirty. The University also had the lowest drop-out rate, with 98.9% of undergrads completing their course. Of those who finished, 92.1% got a first or a 2:1.

Cambridge? Completed it mate

Cambridge? Completed it mate

Results also show that Cambridge now has the highest standards for entry of any UK University. Entry tests have recently been reintroduced as part of a campaign to attract more applications, particularly from state schools. In 2015-16, nearly 62% of incoming freshers were state-educated. It was fewer than Cambridge had hoped, but a huge improvement and significantly better than Oxford.

Only two weeks ago Cantabs across the world were thrown into despair after the Other Place topped the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. Thankfully the Good University Guide has proved once again that we're number one.