Jesus horse MOUNTED for Shakespeare performance

English finalist Will Dalrymple marked Shakespeare’s Deathday by reciting a speech atop the famous sculpture. 

forbidden horse jesus porters Shakespeare speech

April 23 was the 400th anniversary of the Bard’s death. It was too opportune a moment for the Jesus student to pass up.

Despite past incidents that indicate this is clearly a porter’s worst nightmare, the neigh-sayers were nowhere to be seen as Will recited a speech from Henry V. Fellow English students cheered on their mane man as he talked himself hoarse.

Will you do it again or are you pasture prime, Will?

The Barry Flanagan bronze sculpture was donated in 1988 and can be seen in the middle of the college’s First Court.

Speaking to The Tab, Will said “There’s something of a tradition at Jesus English events of performing a sketch or a song or something of that kind. And because our English dinner fell on Shakespeare’s 400th birth/deathday, our DOS asked us to prepare a little something to mark the occasion.”

“The idea that Sam Fairbrother and Eleanor Mack came up with was to transform bits of the college – the orchard, the fellow’s garden and of course the horse – using bits of Shakespeare. Also, it happened to be St George’s day so the speech I did fit wonderfully.”

A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!

“There’s something immensely satisfying about walking past a forbidden object day after day and it finally ending up between your thighs. I’m sure we’ve all felt that at one time or another.”

He does look pretty stable up there.