Spice up your exam term

FIONA NUTTING is back to help you spice up your life during the otherwise bland exam period.

| UPDATED Cambridge exam term fajitas fiona nutting food mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm eaxm term recipe revisin snacks spicey food yum yum

With exams looming and Cambridge entering hibernation mode I’ve come up with a quick and easy recipe for you to throw together when you are just too hungry to spend any more time in the library.

Fajitas are my go-to meal if ever I need something quick, warm and tasty for dinner. Pick up some wraps, chicken, tomatoes, a red pepper, lettuce and cheese on your next trip to Sainsbury’s and you’re pretty much sorted.

Things are faj-HEAT-ing up

If I’m making a fajita I tend to use a combination of spices which are already lying around my kitchen (chilli powder, paprika, cumin, a pinch of salt) pretty much anything to give it a bit of zing. If you don’t have anything but want some heat you can always chuck some chilli in with the salad.

If you’re pushed for time (which let’s face it we all are at the moment) then you can buy ready-cooked (pre-marinated) chicken from Sainsbury’s. If you’re not a fan of the pre-cooked stuff, chop your chicken into chunks, sprinkle over any spices you’ve decided to use, coat the chicken, heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken.

While the chicken is cooking chop up the salad ingredients (smaller is better – makes it easier to fit in the wrap). Once the chicken is done put it onto the plate and clean the pan before putting it back on the heat and adding a wrap to it. Grate the cheese over the wrap, let it melt and add the chicken and salad, then take it out, wrap it up and you’re good to go.

That’s a wrap…

If you’re feeling hungry this also works really well as a quesadilla, just heat up another wrap and sandwich the two together. If that’s still not enough then you can always add some sour cream, guacamole and salsa to bulk up the meal.

But if you’ve realised that cooking really isn’t your thing, then you can always forget the do-it-yourself method and head over to the new Nanna Mexico on Petty Cury where you can pick up a Big Ass Burrito to go.