Pubic speaking for women announced at Union

Blundering typo on an email from the Union sent out to all its members.

Cambridge Cambridge Union Cambridge University cusu women's campaign Oliver Mosley spelling error women's campaign

It advertised the week’s events, meant “to provide an escape from the stresses of your exam term.”

Unfortunately, it is a misspelling that has provoked the light relief, after a “Women’s PUBIC Speaking Workshop” was listed.

This soon went viral on Facebook, with the post appearing on the infamous Overheard in Cambridge Page. Within 24 hours it had received over 100 likes, as well as more than 50 comments.

Oops: Union weekly email blunders with hilarious results

Most of these ignore the unfortunate accident, instead developing into a heavy debate regarding gender-equality and affirmative action.

Included in the debate is Oliver Mosley, Press Officer at the Cambridge Union, who seemed to overlook the absence of a proofread in the blundering email.

In response to another student questioning the exclusion of men at the workshop, he quipped, They had their own one. It started around 4000BC and went on for a little bit.

The Womens Public Speaking Workshop will take place this evening. It will be lead by top debaters Clara Spera, Ruby Holmes, and Kitty Parker Brooks, who is reigning English National Champion a World Universities Debating Championships Grand Finalist.

The session is open to members and non-members of the union, but is limited to self-identifying women only.