What’s On At The Theatre

JAMES MACNAMARA and FRANCESCA HILL wish they had lots of really good news for you, but they don’t, particularly. Sorry.

ADC angels in america are you sitting comfortably Corpus Playroom Improv Kafka's dick

And relax. Only two more weeks, and then it’s revision time! AIDS, Alan Bennett, improv… it’s been a confusing week in theatre-land, but here are our suggestions to help straighten those furrowed brows.

Angels In America – Part One: Millennium Approaches
ADC Theatre, 26th February – 2nd March, 7.45pm, £10/8

Is it as profound as it thinks it is? Or is it just pretentious? This long-awaited and visually spectacular production shows 1980s NYC in all its colour and glory.

Are You Sitting Comfortably?
ADC, 11pm, Wed 27th February ・Sat 2nd March, £6/5

About people who live in radio. Not in a radio, but radio itself. Kooky indeed, but it seems this piece hasn’t quite pulled off its surreal premise. Might be a little bit fun if you’re tipsy.

Kafka’s Dick
Corpus Playroom, 7pm, Tue 26th February – Sat 2nd March, £6/5

Yes, that is the title. Our reviewer makes the accurate observation that a good line from Alan Bennett is a delight, and that this play contains some gems. But when the star of the show is a tortoise (albeit a real one), something must be amiss.

2013: An Improv Odyssey
King’s Bunker, 28th February – 3rd March, 8pm, £3/2 Kings’ Students
Corpus Playroom 4th Mar, 9.30pm, £6/5

The Cambridge Impronauts improvise a play based entirely on audience suggestions. Francesca saw them at the Fringe last year and was pleasantly surprised to find them often genuinely funny.