Here’s who is going to win the SU elections

There’s still time to put money on it

Elections are nearly over and for the few hundred who remembered to vote tonight is a big deal.

Six new people will have paid jobs in the SU next year, and we’ve asked our readers to say who it will be. In the last two years, our readers have only been wrong once, a success rate of 91.7%.

Here’s who we think will win later today.

Union Affairs – Tom Phipps

Tom led the way for most of our poll but ended up finishing only three per cent ahead of Jack Chesher. We really don’t know which way this is going to go, but if we had to pick one, we’d pick Tom.

Full results: Tom Phipps (35%), Jack Chesher (32%), Jack Farmer (14%), Tom Farmer (8%) and Alex Rees (8%), Beth Rothwell (5%).

Undergraduate Education – Max Austin

Max may have won but with less than a quarter of the vote, and only two per cent separates the top three so Max probably shouldn’t start celebrating too soon. Frankie and Naomi look just as likely to come out on top. This one will come down to second preferences probably.

Full results: Max Austin (24%), Frankie Quinn (23%), Naomi Louise Burrell McKay (22%), Lucy Dreznin (13%), Oliver Carter-Esdale (11%), Haylea Rudge (6%).

Student Living – Matthew Bacon

After the tight races for those first two positions, it’s a relief to see a winner emerge with over 50% of the vote. We’re pretty confident in predicting Matt will get elected.

Full results: Matthew Bacon (54%), Sarah Redrup (32%), Hugh de Zulueta (14%).

Sport and Student Development – Steph Harris

Another fairly clear-cut result, though Steph misses out on the 50% mark that usually signals a guaranteed win.

Full results: Steph Harris (48%), Ellie Nelson (31%), Marcus Nelson (20%).

Postgraduate – Laura Ho

Laura’s had a big lead throughout though this poll also got the lowest turnout of all the full-time officer positions. Probably because no undergrads feel the need to vote for a postgraduate officer.

Full results: Laura Ho (54%), Shenshen Zhang (25%), Ayesha Khalid (21%).

Equality, Liberation and Access – Jamie Cross

We always like a two-horse race, because it makes predicting a winner nice and easy. Jamie gets nearly two-thirds of the votes and is a comfortable winner.

Full results: Jamie Cross (61%), Megan Armstrong (39%).

The actual results will be officially announced tonight, and we’ll let you know what those are just in case these predictions turn out to be wrong. If we have got them all right, find us at the bar for a free drink.