Hiatt Baker residents left swimming!

Horror as Hiatt Baker rooms get flooded

Several Hiatt Baker residents were unamused as they returned to rooms that were flooded with up to four inches of water!

Not a pretty sight to return to

Students were told there would be no water between 9am and 4pm yesterday due to work on the Hall’s pipeline amidst the beautiful construction site it is situated on. Most importantly, students were reminded to ensure all taps in their  wash basins were tightly turned off.

However, clearly some students failed to get the memo, or read the dozens of posters across the hall, as their taps began to overflow.  While unaffected students found it utterly hilarious, the flooded students remained worried over damage to electrical equipment and bed sheets.

And to think, Will’s is only £10 more a week

Those annoyed also include the residents whose room is directly below or next to the flooded rooms. With the Hall’s awful wall insulation easily penetrated by the overflow of water, the picture above demonstrates the lack of prisoners taken by this flood.

A few additions to the resident’s rooms last night

When trying to interview the residents  for any quotations or theories that may have led to the flooding, the most common response I received was ‘fuck off’. A clear indicator of the emotions these students face right now.

With Hiatt Baker already a well-established ‘second choice’, this water disaster is not likely to improve the hall’s current reputation as a ‘bit of a shithole’.