Men’s Water Polo: The Most Exciting Sport of All

In anticipation of next week’s #FocusMatch, the Tab looks ahead to the final group game of the BUCS competition for the Men’s Water Polo team.

This weekend Bristol Men’s Water Polo team take on UCL and Imperial, in two matches which could prove decisive in their pursuit of a third year as BUCS Champions. The matches are the final two in the group stages of the BUCS competition and are eagerly anticipated with cautious optimism.

The boys were very excited

Bristol are currently top of the table in the Premier South league after winning all of their matches before Christmas, and will bag 50 BUCS points for Bristol if they win the league overall. The biggest match of the weekend is likely to be against Imperial, who finished third overall in BUCS last year. In November, however, Bristol successfully beat last year’s BUCS Runners Up Bath 21-4, demonstrating the strength of this year’s team.

Accustomed to success, the team are by no means out of their depth…

After the disappointment of defeat for the Men’s Lacrosse in last weeks #FocusMatch, all eyes will be on the Men’s Water Polo to get Bristol back to winning ways, and there is certainly optimism within the team.

Captain Joe Worland said “we’ve got a strong squad of players that have produced great results so far. If we can perform at the level we expect of ourselves we should win our final group matches. The real challenge starts in the knockout rounds, we expect to win BUCS so we can’t afford any hiccups.”