Street Style: From Catwalk to Campus

Now that’s winter’s here, Tab Fashion hits the streets of Briz once more to check out how you’re wrapping up

Students’ catwalk-inspired coats and accessories show us that you needn’t sacrifice style for comfort in the winter months.

Here’s the lowdown on how the latest trends have worked their way from high end designers onto the streets of Briz.

Safari prints: just because the weather is grey doesn’t mean you have to reflect it in your clothes! Safari prints (think zebra, giraffe and camouflage) were all the rage in the A/W 2013-14 collections, meaning you don’t have to let go of summer just yet.

Giraffe-print trenchcoat at Burberry Prorsum. Photo: www.vogue.co.uk

Leah has a more laid-back take on the trend in her Minkpink parka.

Contrasting textures: combining different fabrics in unexpected ways gives an edge to classic styles.

Wool coats were toughened up with leather sleeves at Belstaff. Photo: www.vogue.co.uk

Sophie’s Topshop coat perfectly mirrors the catwalk look.

Colour trend: camels, khakis and forest greens were ubiquitous both on the catwalk and around uni.

A khaki coverup tones down a more formal look at the Balenciaga Menswear show. Photo: www.gq.com

The understated camel coat never goes out of style, as seen at Behnaz Sarafpour. Photo: www.vogue.co.uk

This group of colour-coordinated friends rock the trend outside the ASS.

Mannish tailoring: Designers borrowed ideas from the world of menswear to produce effortlessly cool cuts.

The androgynous silhouette at APC. Photo: www.vogue.co.uk

Soraya works the look in her Comptoir des Cotonniers coat.

All the trimmings: Coats were finished off with fur on the runways, and students are also embracing the trend with some super-chic accessories.

Fur gives camo-prints a luxe edge at Christopher Kane. Photo: www.vogue.co.uk

Kalina fights off the cold while looking fabulous in her faux-fur snood.