Tab Sportsweek

The Tab’s weekly sports blog is back with this week’s results round-up.

As a thank you for following us on Twitter this week, here’s the Lacrosse team in post-match party mode

After a week off, we’re back to run you through all of this week’s sporting action. 

We’ll be updating this page throughout the day as and when stories reach us. To see your team featured on this page, all you need to do is get in touch. Whether it’s a triumphant win, a shameful defeat or maybe a stellar individual performance, we want to hear about it.

Either email [email protected] or tweet us @TheTabBristol to ensure your team gets the attention it deserves.

PAGE MUST BE MANUALLY REFRESHED

15:04 We’re just about done here though we’ll keep an eye on Twitter and the emails in case anyone has any more results to share or perhaps some Score gossip from last night. Well done to all our sports men and women this week, regardless of the result. To celebrate, we’ll leave you with our recent interview with some Bristol sporting greats.

14:59 There was another local rivalry on the Tennis courts too, this time between Bristol and Bath. The Men’s 1s won 8-4 against Bath 2s

14:57 Another grudge match between Bristol and UWE next, this time on the Hockey pitch. UWE Men’s 2s got the win, 2-1, against the Bristol 3s.

14:55 Back to the Squash courts and a disappointing 1-3 defeat for the Women’s 2s against Exeter 1s.

14:53 Rugby League next and congrats to the Bristol 1s for a great win on the road 28-10 against Exeter 2s.

14:50 When Jake Goodman told us earlier that one of the Law intra-mural players mimicked Balotelli’s “topless flex” celebration, our investigative instincts led us to ask whether he pulled it off. The answer:

14:45 The guys and girls from Ultimate Frisbee have got in touch with a couple of “juicy sportsweek-based nuggets”. This weekend saw plenty of flying disc action, with the Open team coming 2nd in the region to qualify for the Indoor Nationals at Coventry. Having stuffed Bath in the semi-final the team were unlucky to lose in the final to Southampton. Meanwhile the Women’s team could only finish 5th at the Indoor Regionals despite a record of six wins and two defeats.

14:43 Staying with Football, the Men’s 4s had a torrid afternoon away to Bath Spa 1s, losing 5-0. Better luck next week guys!

14:40 Our Culture editor Jake Goodman has been in touch with some intra-mural news and it seems like yesterday was a bad afternoon to be an engineer.

14:36 We’ve got a few more results to give you before we’re done for the afternoon and we start with Tennis. Murray may have been unlucky against Djokovic yesterday but our Bristol sides had no such problems. The Men’s 2s were 10-2 winners against Aberystwyth 1s whilst the Women’s 2s thumped Aberystwyth 1s 12-0.

14:33 We talked about the great result for UBWRFC earlier today and if anyone is interested there’s a collection of photos to be found on Facebook from the game. Here’s our personal favourite, showing players Cliona Lewis and Clara Paine in a celebratory mood after the game.

14:29 Of course we’re not just in the results business. If you have any sport-related gossip to share, we want to hear it. This has come in from the Hockey team.

14:26 News of another walkover next, this time in the GolfUniversity of Wales, Newport Mixed 2s were unable to field a team so Bristol Mixed 1s were awarded the win.

14:22 We’ve had a little re-formatting so updates are now at the top of the page. Hopefully this won’t confuse too many of you. Two more Hockey results now. Women’s 3s lost 3-1 away to Exeter 4s, whilst the Men’s 4s got a narrow 2-0 victory against the Southampton 4s.

14:12 Disaster struck for Bristol Women’s Table Tennis 1s this week. They failed to turn up against Exeter 1s, resulting in the game being awarded to their opponents. Anyone out there know any more about what happened?

14:09 We brought you a Bristol/UWE Football result earlier which saw Bristol come out victorious. Things didn’t go entirely Bristol’s way though. UWE Hartpury 3s beat the Bristol 1s 2-0.

14:05 Our Sports Editor Sam Rhodes has picked his performance of the week. Congrats to the rugby boys on a great cup win!

14:01 Back to Lacrosse and a disappointing defeat for the Men’s 2s, losing 3-8 at home to Exeter 2s. A severe lack of “Obamanation” here then!

13:57 Of course you don’t have to be a sports player to have enjoyed last night’s Score. If there were ever any exceptionally good dancers on the floor last night, I think I know who they might have been.

13:54 A trio of Hockey results now. The Women’s 4s suffered a heavy defeat away to Aberystwyth 1s 10-0. The Women’s 3s didn’t have much luck either, losing 3-1 to Exeter 4s. The men were able to get the job done though, Bristol 4s getting a 2-0 win away to Southampton 4s.

13:48 From the excitement of outdoor sports to the tension of the indoor arena now with a Squash result from yesterday. Bristol Men’s 3s were in action on the road and were unlucky to lose 3-2 to Gloucestershire 1s.

13:46 Whilst we’re with the Netball team, a big congratulations to the girls who played on Monday in the Western Conference Cup. Bristol 2s had a tight grudge match against UWE 2s, but came out 29-23 winners to go through to the next round.

13:43 As with two weeks ago there’s been plenty of reaction to the Netball results on Twitter. Here’s a few of our favourite comments on yesterday’s action.

13:40 We love any opportunity to play up the Bristol/UWE rivalry and yesterday saw the two elite academic institutions pitted against each other once more, this time on the Football field. Bristol 2s were the victors in a close-fought game, outscoring the UWE 3s 3-2.

13:38 Another Netball result next, this time for the Women’s 5s who put in a battling performance against the Plymouth 2s, only to lose 32-21. Still a creditable result for Bristol’s fifth-string side.

13:34 Chloe Moss has been in touch on Twitter to draw attention to the Women’s Rugby. Great to see the team getting that all important first win. I’m sure the celebrations ran long into the evening!

13:32 Not all the Lacrosse news was good news though. The Women’s 2s lost 8-4 on the road to Swansea 1s.

13:30 Of course this week’s big news has been the re-election of President Obama. Hats off to the Lacrosse team for a great pun that surely got them a few extra Twitter followers.

13:28 If you haven’t seen it yet, this week’s UBTV Column features highlights from last week’s rugby and is well worth a look.

13:25 Netball next and the Women’s 4s managed a great result against the Gloucestershire 3s, utterly dominant in a 45-27 victory.

13:19 From Hockey to one of the sports I fell in love with over the Olympics: Fencing. Bristol Women’s 1s got a great win against Exeter 1s128-111.

13:16 On to this week’s results and let’s start with Hockey. A low-scoring game between Bristol Women’s 2s and Gloucestershire 2s saw Bristol win 3-0. The Men’s 2s weren’t so lucky though, losing 6-1 to the Gloucestershire 1s.

13:11 First up, a shout out to James Throup who was disappointed by Sportsweek’s absence last week. To make up for it, here’s the Men’s Basketball result from last week: Bristol 1s 85-56 Gloucester 1s. Massive win for the Bristol boys, well done to James and the rest of the team!

13:00 We’re back! How’s everybody feeling after last night’s Score? We want to hear your best stories from last night as well as any results from yesterday’s matches so be sure to get in touch.