How to throw your hamster a birthday party

Light nibbles are an essential

birmingham birthday hamster selly oak student the tab the tab birmingham the tab brum university of birmingham UoB

You have a dissertation to finish, an exam to revise for, and you have important life decisions to make. But, if you are fortunate enough to own a little bundle of joy such as a hamster then your priorities begin to change. As most hamsters only live for a couple of years, turning one is a BIG DEAL. Here is what you need to do:

Get them a shit load of presents from Pets at Home

Get your wallet out and turn your hamster’s cage into a hamster kingdom.

Bake them a cake

A good three hours of procrastination went into this bad boy! Let the hamster have a nibble of course.

Give them a beer

Maybe not. But give him a special treat, a few extra seeds, a crumb of cake and of course his favourite – cheese.

Even hamsters can get on the sesh

Sing them Happy Birthday

They won’t have a clue what’s going on, but it’s the thought that counts. Plus it’s a rare event to add to your snapchat story.

Set them free (within reason)

Being stuck in a cage for most of your life can be tough sometimes for your little friend. However on their big day set them free (for the night – remember hamsters are nocturnal). Let them roam free in their ball – the world is their oyster.

Be a proud owner

The owner, who chose to remain anonymous due to landlord issues said, “the event was a great success, it was nice to see such a large turnout for such a little hamster. Einstein had a great day!”

Take them to fab

Could risk it?