Seedy Sonics scammed by ‘horrific bitch’ who stole 200 tickets

Thief stole 200 Seedy Sonics tickets “in cold blood”

A woman has been caught by police after she nicked 200 Seedy Sonics summer festival tickets, leaving some students with void tickets and out of pocket.

Seedy Sonics slammed the woman, who they have named as 19-year-old Pia Kristine Cruz, in a statement on their Facebook page.

They wrote: “The following tickets were stolen and have been sold by someone who has been pretending to be an official member of the Seedy Sonics ticket selling team. We regret to inform you that these stolen tickets are void on the door.”

They say Cruz pinched 200 tickets which are currently selling for a value of £25 each.

Seedy Sonics say Pia Kristine Cruz (pictured) stole 200 tickets.

The statement said: “The person responsible for this theft and acts of fraud upon unsuspecting people who just wanted to buy a ticket to the event has been caught and cautioned by the West Midlands police, her name is PIA KRISTINE CRUZ.”

The statement told how the Seedy Sonics founders worked alongside West Midlands police to catch the thief in the act when she attempted to sell stolen tickets to unsuspecting students.

As it was her first offence, the deviant was cautioned and released on bail. Police were only able to recover a small portion of the stolen tickets. 

The statement also said: “We deeply regret that this has happened and understand how frustrating it will be for the people who have bought tickets that they believed to be legitimately sold to them by someone claiming to work for us who had legitimate booklets of tickets but this girl stole them in cold blood and has been selling stolen property ripping people off.

“For the business this represents a serious loss of earnings, we are deeply upset that she has tarnished the reputation of our business that we work so hard at and we feel so angry that she’s ripped off good people who wanted to come to the event.”

They later warned in a comment on Facebook, “if you turn up with a stolen ticket on the door you WILL be refused entry so please contact the police if you’ve been a victim of this crime.”

If you’re planning on going to Friday’s Seedy Sonics event, you might want to check your ticket number. All of the following are void:
26-50
51-75
226-250
626-650
651-675
1476-1500
1576-1600
1676-1700

Yes, that really was one of her profile pictures

Seedy are urging those who have been ripped off to come forward and contact Steelhouse Lane police station.

The Tab contacted Pia for comment but she had not replied at the time of publication. 

If you have been sold a void ticket, contact Steelhouse Lane police station on 0845 113 5000 and quote the crime reference number 1681 01/06/14