Aber beats Oxford and Cambridge in new uni rankings

Aber is great again

In an era when league table publishings normally leave Aber students feeling dismayed at the position we’re in,  we’ve finally found a way to climb the table.  

The website Whatuni.com has been working on over 25,000 student reviews of their own uni and Aberystwyth has made 23rd place.

While the Complete University Guide ranking put us at a demoralising 86th, we at Aber beg to disagree and have voted ourselves at 23rd out of the 125 universities in the running.

The areas looked at were Job Prospects, Course and Lectures, Student Union, Accommodation, Uni Facilities, City Life, Clubs and Societies, Student Support and International.

In the Clubs and Societies category we excelled fantastically to take 12th out of all 125 universities in the table. Also successful in the Accommodation category, we placed a successful 17th thanks to the facilities of the new Fferm Penglais and value for money accommodation across the Penglais campus.

Responding to the good news Charlie Archer, a second year Equine Scientist told us that she was “Happy to have chosen Aber.”

She added: “I think its good that we are going up in the league tables and students are acknowledging that we are better as a uni”

We love our coastal gem

First year Geography student David Huddleston said that: “I’m so proud to be able to call myself a student here, it’s often said that students are the voice of the future so for this to be such a positive message to attract more young people to come to this awesome place will hopefully help to encourage the future generations to keep coming here and continuing to make this establishment great.”

Unfortunately in synch with the fact we recently lost in the Varsity against Bangor, Bangor University completely eclipsed us in every category and finished overall in fourth place, closely behind Swansea university.

Given the past few years and results in various league tables this is a good sign of Aberystwyth on the mend.