It’s your time to shine, here’s how to make your own Joan Is Awful poster with Netflix

I’m not ready to watch my show just yet x

I’m not entirely sure how to feel about this, but Netflix has set up a site where you can create your own Joan Is Awful style Black Mirror poster, as though it’s you starring in your own limited series.

By now you’ve probably seen Black Mirror season six episode one, where Joan goes home and opens Streamberry, the show’s version of Netflix, to find the big new show is all about her. Salma Hayek plays Joan in a version of her life, in which Netflix has dramatised some of the worst moments of her personal and work life, causing Joan to spiral out of control. I mean, you would, wouldn’t you?

On reflection, it’s a bit weird that you can now do this for yourself, but if that recap hasn’t scared you off the idea too much, here’s how to create your own Joan Is Awful show poster.

How to make your own Joan Is Awful poster:

• Head to the Streamberry website Netflix has set up, called youareawful
  • You’ll be prompted to “join the Streamberry family” and add your first name
  • Then you either take or upload a photo – which Netflix does say may end up on a billboard??? Umm, sure??
  • Then you are done! You now have a landing page with your show as the splash, and you can download a poster version advertising your Joan Is Awful spin-off limited series!
  • Netflix asks you to share your poster far and wide, using #YouAreAwful

Of course, along the way you are asked to agree to some terms and conditions – and despite watching Joan is Awful, you’re going to tick the box without reading them, aren’t you?

Season six of Black Mirror is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.