Here’s what those closest to Madeleine McCann case have said about all the new claims

Some have dismissed Julia saying she’s Madeleine, but others say there’s ‘every chance’ she’s right

Everyone this week has been talking about a girl who thinks she’s Madeleine McCann. It’s caused a global stir, so much so, she now has a million followers on Instagram. The girl named Julia has provided evidence she’s the missing girl, and even those closest to the Madeleine McCann case have been listening.

Some of those closest to it don’t believe her claims, but others have said there is every reason to take Julia seriously and get a DNA test to find some answers.

So, because they are those who know it best, here’s what the actual people involved in what’s going on at the moment have to say a about Julia claiming she could be Madeleine McCann.

Julia claims to be Madeleine McCann

Julia claims she could be Madeleine McCann, via Facebook

A family spokesperson said there is ‘every chance’ Julia could be Madeleine McCann

When Julia’s claims first went viral, it was reported someone from the McCann family had agreed to take a DNA test with Julia, and her beliefs were being taken very seriously. “The family are taking no chances, they are willing to look at all leads,” they said. “It is important they look at all of the factors, the girl does look similar. There’s no disputing that. If what she says is true, there is every chance it could be her. It all adds up.”

It is believed a McCann family member has come forward to offer to take part in a DNA test with the girl who believes she is Madeleine. A confirmed comment from the McCanns has not yet been reported.

The private investigator for the McCann’s has dismissed the claims

An investigator, who was hired by Madeleine McCann’s parents, has spoken out about Julia and what she’s been saying. Francisco Marco has doubted Julia’s authenticity and doesn’t believe she holds the answers to the case.

He told Spanish newspaper El Independiente : “Without knowing the details in depth, it doesn’t add up to me. I don’t think it’s her.”

A source close to the family added the claims are causing ‘unnecessary pain’

Speaking to The Sun, a source close to the family of Madeleine McCann said Julia’s claims could be doing more harm than good. They said: “It causes unnecessary pain for Kate and Gerry. So many false claims have been made over the years and they don’t need any more.”

The parents of Julia called it a ‘circus’ and branded her a ‘horrible person’

Julia’s real parents have had a lot to say since she went viral. In a video shared to her Instagram account, Julia shared some messages between herself and her parents, and said her family has shunned her, and she’s been left “alone” since all of this happened.

She said her family has called her “not normal” for giving “hope to the McCanns”. She said her family branded her a “horrible person” who they “don’t want to know any more”. She claimed one message from her mother said “you are sick, Julia” and accused her of “setting up a circus”.