Meet Khadeejah Khan: The London grad who’s the new receptionist on The Apprentice

She studied accounting and management, so the candidates are in safe hands

The Apprentice is back for the 2023 series, and this year has come a new receptionist looking after the famous boardroom for Lord Sugar. This year, telling the candidates that “Lord Sugar will see you now” has been the role of Khadeejah Khan.

Khadeejah has already made a big name for herself, posting about her new position on TikTok. She posted a video of herself answering the famous phone for Lord Sugar, behind the iconic desk. “POV: You’re the hijabi receptionist on The Apprentice,” her video was captioned. It’s had over a million views and she followed up with another video of herself at the desk.

“I absolutely love to see the hijabi recognition. You are so great and should be so proud of yourself,” one comment on the video reads. Another said: “I have never seen someone like me represented on a show like this. It makes me feel seen. Thank you, Khadeejah.”

Khadeejah Khan working as the receptionist on The Apprentice 2023

via BBC

According to LinkedIn, Khadeejah is an associate at PWC and went to Queen Mary University in London. She studied accounting and management between 2017 and 2021 and then went on to become a career advisor at the University of East London, before moving to PWC last year.

Her Instagram adds that she is also a model, managed by BAME Agency, which focuses on diversity and inclusivity in the industry. It looks as though being The Apprentice 2023 receptionist is her first TV gig.

Last year, the desk was manned by actress and model, Ashley Young. She is a 26-year-old, originally from Florida who now lives in London. The role has now moved on to Khadeejah, who so far, seems to be nailing it!

The Apprentice continues at 9pm on Thursday evenings on BBC One. Episodes will also be available on iPlayer. For all the latest reality TV gossip, news and memes – follow The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook