This is how long all the past Love Island winning couples lasted together

Jess and Sammy only lasted two months, but how do the others compare?

Love Island winners Jess and Sammy split after just two months, which might seem bad, but Amber and Greg, the winners of Love Island 2019, lasted just five weeks in the outside world – making them the quickest couple to breakup after the show.

How long did all the other past Love Island winners last? All but two of the winning couples have broken up at some point, with one couple splitting up and getting back together. Here’s how long they managed to stick it out for.

Jessica Hayes and Max Morley – Six weeks

Image may contain: Love Island winners, couples, Love Island, 2015, series one, Jessica, Max, Dating, Man, Apparel, Clothing, Face, Person, Human

Jessica Hayes and Max Morley were the first ever Love Island winners, back in 2015. Jessica and Max split just six weeks after they left the villa. To be precise, they lasted an entire 40 days after the date of the Love Island 2015 final. This was before the days of Instagram story announcements for everything, so the couple shared the news on Twitter instead. Jess wrote: “Some things are just not meant to be… #LoveIsland #JAX” and Max said: “We gave it our best shot”.

Cara De La Hoyde and Nathan Massey – Nine months, but now back together

Image may contain: Love Island winners, couples, Love Island, together, split, Nathan, Cara, 2016, series two, Long Sleeve, Shorts, Airliner, Sleeve, Clothing, Apparel, Transportation, Aircraft, Airplane, Vehicle, Person, Human

via Instagram @nathanmassey_

Cara De La Hoyde and Nathan Massey are the first pair of Love Island winners who are still together. The couple, who won the 2016 series, have a son called Freddie and a daughter called Delilah, and got married after meeting on the show. However they did briefly split up – they broke up in April 2017 roughly nine months after they won, but ended up getting back together.

Amber Davies and Kem Cetinay – Six months

Image may contain: Love Island winners, couples, Love Island, Amber, Kem, 2017, series three, Female, Hair, Smile, Face, Dating, Person, Human

via Instagram @kemcetinay

Amber and Kem won series three back in 2017. However their relationship didn’t last that long. Just six months after bagging the Love Island £50k prize fund they split up. Amber and Kem officially ended their relationship on December 4th 2017. Speaking on ITV’s Lorraine after the split, Amber said: “I think it was just so intense and it was a mutual decision. It did fizzle out because we were so busy. But we’re still really good friends.”

Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham – Six months

Image may contain: Love Island winners, Love Island, couples, together, split, breakup, Jack, Dani, 2018, series four, Dating, Portrait, Photography, Photo, Female, Building, Pier, Dock, Port, Water, Waterfront, Pants, Face, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

via Instagram

The Love Island winners in 2018, Jack and Dani, lasted six months after the villa. Jack and Dani’s break up was a very confusing time. They split up, but then apparently it was just for “publicity” and the couple got back together. They then split up AGAIN. It was weird.

Amber Gill and Greg O’Shea – Five weeks

Image may contain: Love Island winners, Love Island, winner, couple, breakup, split, together, Greg, Amber, 2019, series five, Shoe, Footwear, Sleeve, Sitting, Person, Human, Clothing, Apparel

via Instagram @amberrosegill

Love Island 2019 winners Amber and Greg split up just five weeks after the show finished. Amber was reportedly left “devastated” after Greg dumped her by TEXT. A source told The Sun: “Greg has broken up with Amber and is blaming their busy schedules and now they want to focus on their careers. Amber feels used by Greg. He was always aware of the distance and his career in their relationship, and yet he chose to seek out Amber in the villa knowing there would always be the distance. He hasn’t made any effort to come to London to see Amber, despite it being over five weeks, it’s always Amber who had to make the effort.”

Out of all of the Love Island winners ever, the series five couple lasted the least amount of time. Greg has since denied that the whole split was over text, so god knows who to believe.

Paige Turley and Finn Tapp – Three years

via Instagram @paige_turley

Paige and Finn won the 2020 winter version of the show together. They lasted an entire three years together, before announcing it was all over.

Millie and Liam – One year, but now back together

via Instagram @milliegracecourt

Love Island 2021 winners, Millie Court and Liam Reardon, split up after one year together. The pair reportedly decided to end their relationship after growing apart.

Millie confirmed the news on Instagram, writing that it was a “tough decision” and she was “gutted but it’s ultimately what is best for us right now.” Liam shared a similar message, adding he is “honestly so gutted” he and Millie have “sadly separated”. “We will both continue to be friends and I will remain as Millie’s biggest supporter in all that she does and I know she will always do amazing,” he said. “We’re both ready for new chapters and I’m excited for what’s next.”

But, now they’re back together and more loved up than ever! Love exists!

Ekin-Su and Davide – 11 months, then got back together, then split again

via Instagram @ekinsuofficial

Last year’s winners, Ekin-Su and Davide, split up after 11 months. After nearly a year Davide made the shock announcement it was over. But then they got back together for a bit, before announcing yet again that it was over. I can’t keep up!

In a post on Instagram, Ekin-Su said the last few months had been a “rollercoaster” and said they “tried to make the relationship work” but broke up.

“The last 18 months have been a rollercoaster of ups and downs, just like every relationship,” she said. “Davide and I both wanted to make this relationship work as we cared deeply for each other. Unfortunately, I have recently made the decision to end our relationship and to go our separate ways.”

However, because of course they were never going to go out quietly, Davide then claimed Ekin-Su didn’t dump him, and was lying in her breakup statement, which was “changed last minute” without his knowledge. Yikes!

Kai Fagan and Sanam Harrinanan – Still together

via Instagram @kaifagan_

2023 winter winners, who are quite possibly the most wholesome Love Island couple we’ve ever had, are still together. Tbh, at this rate we need them to make it work just so we actually have someone who has!

Jess and Sammy – Two months

via Instagram @sammyroot_

2023 champs Jess and Sammy only lasted two months before ending things. A source told the Mail Online: “Jess and Sammy have called it quits. Things have changed since leaving the villa and Jess has realised they’re better off as friends.”

Then, in a messy turn of events, Sammy said when he last spoke to Jess their relationship status was “left up in the air as Jess is still away and we haven’t had a chance to speak in person.” He went on to say that to see “via the media that we had officially broken up came as a complete shock.” Yikes!

For all the latest Love Island gossip, news, quizzes and memes – like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.