Image may contain: People, Man, Smile, Photography, Selfie, Photo, Portrait, Head, Person, Face, Human

Jack claims Dani dumped him for publicity in secret recording

She’s disabled all her Instagram comments

On Thursday, Dani Dyer and Jack Fincham from Love Island 2018 announced they had broken up.

It was Dani that announced the split on her Instagram story, saying they realised the relationship was “not meant to be long term”. There was then confusion as Dani deleted the post, and the pair were seen still commenting on each other's Instagram posts.

Image may contain: Face, Alphabet, Word, Text

The Instagram story Dani posted, and then deleted

Jack was said to be "desperate" to make their relationship work – but now it has been revealed in a leaked recording between Jack and a friend in a pub, he has been saying it was Dani's plan to break up with him for publicity.

The chat was secretly recorded by someone in a pub in Essex, and Jack allegedly told his friend, that Dani had split with him for the publicity. Jack warned he wouldn't get back with her if she went ahead with her plan.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpP2pcLBZua

In the recording, leaked to The Daily Mail, Jack apparently says: "I’m not being funny yeah, but if it was on the other foot would you have done it? I said you, listen yeah, you made your decision. You, I’ve not said a word to no one. I’ve been posting what I normally do.

"I said when you’ve been and gone tomorrow, post on Instagram saying I’ve made a mistake, I’m sorry and that’s what you’re gonna be doing. I’m not getting back with you."

Later, the friend reportedly suggested Love Island couples break up when they stop getting as much publicity. To which Jack replied saying: "I’m not like that though – that’s her."

The friend was overheard comforting Jack, saying: "You know what, you're in the better light. Just make sure you look better."

Later on in the night Jack was also overheard saying: "I won that show not her, I was the funniest one on it."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqahtpFA8fX

A rep for Jack has seemingly confirmed the conversation happened. They told The Metro: "It’s been an incredibly difficult and emotional time for Jack and it’s really sad that at this time someone decides to covertly record him trying to have a quiet conversation with a friend."

Dani has responded to the claims, she replied to comments on her Instagram by saying: "Right I'm sick to death of seeing posts on how I want money and fame?

"Wtf is everyone talking about. Money and fame?! Do you really think I'm that tiny minded to just want that.

"People upset me and disgust me so much on how they can judge me. Just piss off and be kind to people."

She has since disabled all comments on her Instagram posts.

They are the sixth couple to break up – after Samira and Frankie, Laura and Paul, new Jack and Laura, Charlie and Ellie and Georgia and Sam.