Prepare yourself for FS this weekend

It’s going to be stunning

This Saturday, Februrary 13th, will once again see the St Andrews Charity Fashion Show, hosted on Lower College Lawn. 

Fashion season is upon us in St Andrews. To prepare show-goers for one of the biggest nights out in the Bubble, we sat down with Chris Carroll, Head of PR, to discuss the St Andrews Charity Fashion Show and what the night will hold for more than 1100 standard and 350 VIP partygoers.

The show is renowned for its stunning selections

The name itself points out the driving force behind the show, charity. This year, FS will be supporting SANE, a leading UK mental health charity aimed at raising awareness and combatting the stigma about mental illness.

FS has teamed up with this local and inspiring charity to raise public awareness and funds for research, working towards stopping the stigma against illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life. In its 24th year, FS hopes to raise more funds than ever with this year’s much anticipated show.

A poster for this year

This year’s show will revolve around the theme BARE, which has been incorporated around the show and charity. Working to strip away preconceptions about both mental illness and people in general, FS2016 will strip away the noise of everyday life and transport guests to a world of higher contrast.

In terms of Corporate Sponsorships, FS has partnered with PWC, Mappin and Webb of London, and Johnstons of Elgin. The exclusive champagne sponsorship will be with Veuve Clicquot, and guests will be happy to hear that bottles will be available for purchase at better prices than Tesco. The newest sponsorship will be Fendi, providing not only four different auction prizes, including a trip to Fashion Week in Milan, but gift bags for all VIP guests.

A previous show

With a level of professionalism unmatched in St Andrews, FS will play host to designers such as Fendi, East Club, and Topman, with looks that belong on the most coveted catwalk in Scotland.

As the show is all about fashion and charity, this year’s Young Designer Awards contestants submitted designs for the black dogs known famously in SANE, the winner which will be found in the venue.

Last year’s event was majorly slowed down by the transition between show and afterparty, but the committee has assured us that FS will be unrecognizable compared to last year. From the event planning for the transformation to the afterparty venue to the smaller, more intimate space, this year promises to be a resounding success.

With the promise of an amazing night, guests will be sure to dress to impress. Tickets for the afterparty can still be purchased through Fixr.