Image may contain: Person, People, Human

The Instagram Guide to Warwick

Because you’ll do anything for those likes

The sun is shining, exams are over, and there is no better time to forecast the hidden beauty of Warwick Uni.

As is the case with most things, the campus here at The University of Warwick gets miraculously better looking with a spot of sun, suddenly packed with a kind of enigmatic allure.

A good Instagram takes hard work. Natural lighting, angles, diversity, a consistent theme and unique composition are key ingredients to a good feed.

And while I can’t claim to be an Instagram aficionado, extensive research and inquiry has gone into compiling what I like to think are the definitive top seven, most Instagrammable places on campus:

The Piazza

Image may contain: Wall, Woman, Girl, Female, Person, People, Human

For good reason- the piazza is the arguably the defining feature of the university’s campus. And when it’s sunny, you can count on the fact that everyone is sitting on those steps, drink in hand.

Suggestion: boost your photo game with a colourful ice-cream from the Piazza’s very own ice-cream truck. The tricky part is mastering the art of eating an ice-cream in a simultaneously classy but candid way.

The river behind Bluebell

Image may contain: Vegetation, Tree, Plant, Outdoors, Nature, Land, Forest, FloraImage may contain: Rainforest, Jungle, Vegetation, Tree, Plant, Outdoors, Nature, Land, Forest, Flora

This hidden gem will give your Instagram the natural aesthetic it needs. Assemble some friends, snacks and you’ve got yourself a beautiful and indeed, highly Instagrammable picnic.

The grass outside Senate House

Image may contain: Woman, Girl, Female, Person, People, Human

Sheltered by those lovely green trees, this spot’s another prime site for channeling your inner bohemian, child of nature. . .

Curiositea

Image may contain: Food, Dessert, Creme, Cream, Milkshake, Milk, Juice, Drink, Dairy, Beverage, Person, People, Human

A favourite stomping ground of many, this cosy tearoom is apt for your classic, aesthetically pleasing food and drink photos. In any case, if your photo isn’t stellar, you can say you’ve enjoyed a first-rate, cold beverage al fresco. Win-win.

Maths and Stats

Image may contain: Tree, Plant, Maple, Flora, Bench, Water, Fountain

Water fountains, pretty flowers, and a heron: this place has got it all. Apart from immunity to the judgemental glares you’re likely to receive while serving your best 'blue steel' face.

Cryfield Pavillion

Image may contain: Path, Vehicle, Transportation, Bike, BicycleImage may contain: Plant, Lilac, Flower, Flora, BlossomImage may contain: Oak, Tree, Redwood, Plant, Flora, Road, Gravel, Dirt Road, Path

New York, Paris, Cryfield Pavillion. Sat on the periphery of campus, you may have to trek a little farther to reach these endless fields of green but is most definitely worthwhile.

Humanities Garden

Image may contain: Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Invertebrate, Insect, Dung Beetle, Wildlife, Frog, Animal, Amphibian

Yet another natural spot, boasting some wholesome nature photos bound to stir the vulnerable, post-exam hearts of your followers.

Equipped with this priceless knowledge, may you go forth and prosper. Now, your only remaining task is to muster up a side-splitting caption and on that front, I’m afraid you’re on your own…