Here’s a rundown of everything that’s happening in the next two weeks at Warwick

Beat the Week 4 blues and get involved

Hide Images

Warwick's Running and Swimming Grid Challenge, 29th January- 11th February

Warwick Sport is running a challenge for students to get invovled in, either individually or as a team. The aim is to collect as many points as you can in a week- for example, you get 1 point per kilometre you run, or 1 point for every 250 metres swum. The challenge is to encourage people to get active regardless of ability, with prizes awarded to the best swimmers, runners, as well as overall best efforts at the end of the two week challenge.

'Brexit, Trump and International Security' by Sir Mark Lyall Grant, 30th January

Warwick International Relations Society, MUN Society and PolSoc have invited Sir Mark Lyall Grant, the former UK Ambassador to the U.N and the ex National Security Adviser to the Prime Minister, to Warwick to give a talk on the current state of affairs, namely concerning everyone's favourite discussion points- Brexit and Trump. The talk will be at 7pm in Social Sciences S0.21.

'RENT' by Music Theatre Warwick, 31st January- 3rd February

For 4 dates throughout week 4, Warwick's very own Musical Theatre Society will be preforming RENT, inspired by Puccini's classic opera la Boheme, at the Goose Nest in Warwick Arts Centre. Tickets are still on sale and are available from the Arts Centre.

Warwick Gets Consent, 1st February

Organised by Ladies' Hockey, this is an opportunity for students from all societies and sports to come together and discuss sexual assault and consent. There will be two journalist guest speakers who will be discussing and sharing their personal experiences with consent. This event is great for promoting university awareness of sexual assault and develop your own understanding surrounding consent. Location: GLT2 Life Sciences, Gibbet Hill, from 4:15pm till 6:00pm.

The Debate on Environmental Sustainability, 1st February

The Warwick Conservatives, Lib Dems, Marxists, Greens and Labour will battle each other on the panel and try to tackle a pressing question of the day: 'How should we, if at all, go about in bringing a more environmentally sustainable future?' If you're interested and want to get involved, head down to Social Sciences S0.11, at 6:00 pm on February 1st.

Charity Fifa Tournament, 28th January- 4th February

Run by a group of freshers in JM4, they are aiming to raise money for East African Playgrounds, a charity supported by RAG. Entry to their tournament is £5, and groups will have to battle it out on Fifa to qualify and make it to the knock-out stages. There will be cash prizes for the winners and runners up of the tournament, which will span over the whole of Week 4. More information can be found on their Facebook event page.

Warwick Double Speed Dating, 2nd February

Don't want to be alone for Valentine's Day? No worries. Grab a friend and speed date as a pair for an hour on the 2nd February. It's £4 per person to get involved, and all money is being raised for Action Against Hunger. Location: The Graduate, 7:00pm.

Warwick Economics Summit 2018, 2nd-4th February

The Economics Summit, held in the Oculus, is bringing to Warwick world-renown speakers in fields like economics, politics and finance. The lineup of speakers include the former CEO of Oxfam, the Prime Minister of Malta, and the Nobel Peace Prize Laureate of 2011. The summit will combine programmes of talks, seminars and networking oppotunities, and tickets are nearly sold out if you want to be a part of this unique oppotunity at Warwick.

Warwick does Strictly Come Dancing 2018, 5th February

Hosted by Latin and Ballroom Society and RAG, Warwick's very own Strictly Come Dancing will be held in the Copper Rooms, where society execs will be competing for the title of champion, while raising money for RAG week. Prices are £6 for members, £7 for non-members, which can be bought on the door.

Krept & Konan Live at Warwick Urban Festival, 8th February

Krept & Konan will be blessing the Copper Rooms on the 8th February as part of the Warwick Urban Festival. Tickets are £15 but will be selling out very soon.

Doggy Destress, 8th February

Feeling stressed out, anxious, or just miss your pets from home? RAG, as part of their week of charitable events, are inviting a multitutde of furry friends to the IKEA rooms in the SU on the 8th February from 11-2pm.

Warwick presents: Take Me Out, 8th February

The most exciting, love-filed show is making its way to Warwick. Watch the selected panel compete for one lucky contestant- which is guaranteed to bring you laughs, suspense and mystery. The event is from 7-10pm, and tickets are available on the door.