Warwick honoured at IIE Awards for Innovation in International Education

They received an honourable mention in the “International Partnerships” category

The University of Warwick has been honoured at the 2017 Andrew Heiskell Awards for Innovation in International Education, for developing the International Conference of Undergraduate Research (ICUR).

The ICUR received an honourable mention in the ‘International Partnerships’ category. The ICUR brings together undergraduate researchers in seven countries across the world.

Using video conference technology, the ICUR draws students into a single international forum with close to a hundred separate sessions conducted over 48 hours. It has connected nearly 1500 students in eleven institutions in the four years it has run. The programme was established through the Warwick- Monash Alliance, and this partnership has now grown to include Nanyang Technological University (Singapore), Baruch College (New York), and Kyushu University (Japan).

Caroline Gibon, from Warwick’s Institute for Advanced Teaching and Learning said: “We are absolutely thrilled to see the hard work of the ICUR team recognised with this award. We are extremely lucky to be working with great international partners, in developing a truly global experience for our students, which gives them the opportunity to communicate their research internationally without ever leaving their home campus.

“We are excited about the coming years and the further developments we have planned for the conference and would like to thank the University for its support in building this initiative.”

The IIE will present the awards at a ceremony in Miami, Florida on March 14, 2017.