We caught up with the 2016 winners of Warwick Jailbreak

They travelled the furthest a Warwick team has in almost a decade

Alixia Tordjman and Elliot Cervantes, aka ‘Aeli Hit the Road’, covered a distance of 4,759 miles in this year’s Jailbreak and made it to Muscat, in Oman.

The team ended up travelling the furthest a Warwick jailbreak team has in almost a decade.

Even though Alixia and Elliot are undoubtedly exhausted, we managed to catch up with Alixia to discuss the team’s journey and how they managed to pull off such a victory.

How do you feel to be crowned as Warwick Jailbreak winners of 2016?

“We are incredibly happy to have won. In Dover, we completely lost faith because not a single car stopped! When we arrived yesterday night we were so lost but so happy.”

Alixia and Elliot in Oman

How did you manage to make it to Oman?

“We raised a lot of money in good spots like St Pancras and Roissy Charles de Gaulle. We did not know where we could go with the money, until Turkish Airlines told us that Oman was the only place we could afford.”

Have you worked out how you’re getting back yet?

“We will pay the return with our own money, it was definitely worth it for charity.”

What were the highlights of your journey?

“The worst moment was in Dover when a woman stopped in front of us while we were hitch hiking at night. We explained to her that we’re doing the jailbreak challenge for a charity and she just laughed at us and told us she will never allow us in her car and left. We were not happy.”