Spotted: Pop’s Best Dressed

Week two ‘Pop!’ again saw some incredible, purple-stained costumes. Here are last week’s ‘Best dressed!’

Men’s tennis served up a batch of awesome superhero costumes to this week’s ‘Pop!’ In particular, Simon Jackson caught the Tab’s eye as he came in full green body paint as The Incredible Hulk. Whilst, Simon got the swing of his theme Joey Dwonzyck, another tennis player came as Mario – is he even a super hero?! Anyway, let’s hope their costumes helped the boys to find a match during ‘Pop!’ and even secure a Grand Slam at the end of the night…

Do any of those superpowers include the ability to consume an unholy amount of purple?

On the third day God created the Remington bolt action rifle, so that God could fight the dinosaurs…and the homosexuals…On the third day God also made it a Wednesday…which means all the sports clubs get to don some ridiculous outfits to ‘Pop!’ This week, Women’s Netball as per took their Mean Girls themed circle to a whole new level with some truly ‘fetch’ outfits. Meg Barnes particularly stood out as came as the ‘she doesn’t even go here!’ girl from the film and even brought along a cake to add to her outfit. The cake was probably not just filled ‘with rainbows and smiles…’ but also some classic purple and some other vom-inducing drink concoctions…

“I just have a lot of feelings…” I’m sure those feelings would have been a lot more painful on Thursday morning…

Not only did Disco Dave smash some great old school tunes on the DJ decks this week but he also smashed his ‘Pop!’ outfit with his awesome muppets t-shirt and jeans combo. Dave definitely looked cool DJ-ing but we are never too sure about the mullet…

Just because he’s the DJ doesn’t mean he can’t get in on the dressing up action as well!

Last year’s SU pres made it into this week’s best dressed with his zebra-styled toga, from Lacrosse’s very imaginative ‘psychedelic toga’ theme.  Nick Swain may not be the face of our SU anymore but he was definitely the face of ‘Pop!’ with this stand-out toga. A great outfit for ‘Pop!’ but maybe not something to wear out to Smack or down Leamington high street…

‘Psychedelic toga’ theme is definitely one of the best ones The Tab has heard in a while…

Warwick Athletics also looked fab last week in their Cowboy & Indians costumes. Aimee Hargreaves and Laura Whitehead managed to still look beaut in their costumes even after a vast amount of consumption of purple…let’s hope they didn’t have early morning track running the following morning…

The Copper Rooms isn’t exactly a rustic saloon, but it gets the job done.

Make sure you keep an eye out for The Tab on Wednesday nights for your chance to appear in Best Dressed at Pop!