Lethal Bizzle, Duke Dumont and more announced for Grad Ball 2015

Quite good actually

Lethal Bizzle, Jess Glynne and Duke Dumont have all been announced for this years Grad Ball.

The chart toppers will take to the stage at the much anticipated event on June 10th at Capital FM arena.

The night promises casino tables, chocolate fountains, DJs and fairground stalls.

The latest announcement does mean that previous rumours of Gok Wan and Boy George making an appearance are untrue.

The line up was set to be released on Wednesday, however was postponed until today due to ‘circumstances beyond control’.

Bumbling Trent media also managed to cock up the announcements, posting that Jess Glynne was performing on the Facebook page before actually announcing it on air.

So far reactions to the acts have been mixed.

Broadcast journalism finalist, Ashleigh Tuttle admits she wasn’t quite sure who Lethal Bizzle was.

The 20-old-said: “First reaction to Lethal Bizzle was, who?’ But then maybe that’s because I’m not down with the kids.  My boyfriend seems to know who it is and he’s happy with it.

“Would of been nice to have music that I can’t get just down the road at Rock City. I’d of preferred someone I knew. Example woulda been good. Prodigy would have been awesome and Ed Sheeran would have been fantastic.”

Third year, Timo Burbidge felt the same.

He said: “From the music side of things my first reaction is an overwhelming sense of “meh”. I think it’s pretty average but considering the occasion I’m not sure who I’ve come to expect.

“It’s an okay line up – I’m more focussed on the night itself to be honest. Lethal Bizzle is hilarious, but it’s just not my thing.”

Whereas, Ben King is already excited for the end of year bash.

He said: “I was secretly hoping that we could get Fuse ODG back, but I guess some dreams just aren’t meant to come true. Nevertheless, this is a solid lineup. I can’t wait.”

Tickets go on sale Wednesday May 13 at 10am at SU ticket outlets.

What do you think about the line up? Email [email protected]