19-year-old arrested after pulling out fake gun during Boots library fight

It’s thought the argument was over work

Terror struck Boots when an imitation gun was pulled out during a fight in this weekend.

Students were left in shock as police were called to the library at 12.45pm on Saturday after a fight broke out on the ground floor.

A 19-year-old man has since been arrested and charged with the possession of an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear or violence. It is believed the weapon was actually a BB gun.

First year Charlotte Atkin was on the ground floor where the event unfolded.

The textiles fresher said: “There weren’t that many people in the library but behind me were two guys having a disagreement, I turned around to look and one of the guys was shouting and then he stood up and got out a gun.

“I overheard someone saying it wasn’t a proper gun as it had a blue strip on it.”

Charlotte explained that there were no members of library staff around to stop the and the police arrived shortly afterwards.

She added: “No one really reacted, we all kept to ourselves to avoid putting ourselves in danger.

“I could sense everyone was uncomfortable, it was all just very unexpected. I think they were arguing about work but I can’t be sure.”