Pranked! Byron freshers convince flatmate she has bed bugs in fake letter from halls

This is the best prank we have ever seen

Rooms covered in plastic cups full of water, toilet paper, newspaper and tin foil are too mainstream for one flat of freshers.

Law student Zac Wilkins was sick of being victim to the usual room invasion.

His flatmates in Nottingham Trent’s Byron halls repeatedly laid waste to his room.

His flatmates continuously stripped his bed, hid his bed sheets in the cupboard and dumped Henry the hoover on his mattress about 3 or 4 times a week.

He decided revenge was needed.

Zac was sick of this happening to him

And revenge did come for one, photography student Emily Keen.

Victim Emily had gone to her 3pm lecture, when flatmates realised her door was unlocked. They we’re warned not do anything but it was too late.

Flatmate Stephanie Gardner said: “We decided to write a letter saying her mattress had been removed by maintenance. We’d had room inspections recently so it made it sound believable.”

While brainstorming letter ideas, the flat knew that Emily had a fear of bed bugs and sleeps with multiple mattress toppers to prevent any sort of parasitic outbreak.

Emily was told her mattress had been removed after an outbreak of bed bugs.

The fake letter said: “You will have a replacement within 48 hours and we strongly advise that you wash your bed sheets immediately.

“It is also advisable that you book an appointment at your local student health center (sic).”

Emily’s flatmates removed her mattress from her bedroom and hid it on top of another bed in the flat.

Prankster Zac locked the door from the inside so Emily was unaware that the door had been left unlocked.

The flat waited two hours for her return. When she got back she yelled: “Oh my god they took my mattress topper!

“Where the hell am I going to sleep?

“Oh my god I need to go to the doctors!”

The panicked fresher said she felt sick.

Flatmates only revealed the truth when Emily nearly stormed to reception to sort it out.

Evidence of the prank was uploaded to a Facebook page where it has received over 100 likes.

Unfortunately for Emily, neighbours keep asking how she got the bed bugs, not realising it was a joke.

Since the stroke of genius people have even come up to the flatmates on nights out and said: “Oh, you’re the flat that got the bed bugs.”

Flatmate Stephanie Gardner is constantly living in fear of retribution.

She said: “We fear the revenge so much we lock our doors to even go to the kitchen.”

Emily has since declared her hate for the practical joker, vowing to get her own back.

She said: “I will have revenge, and fuck shit up.”

Pulled a better one? Email [email protected].