Everything that’s happening in Brighton this December

Here’s your complete guide to all the Chri-smashing things happening this month

Hide Images

Deadlines are piling up, and the cold grey English winter has well and truly arrived. So, here's a list of some of the best things we think are going on in Brighton this festive season, to bring you a sprinkle of festive cheer.

Ice skating at the Royal Pavilion, all month

Transforming the already picturesque Royal Pavilion gardens into an ice skating rink, this event is always a surefire hit. The rink's here for quite a while, providing plenty of opportunity to give unceremoniously slipping over a go.

Student tickets are £11 and are available on the door, or can be booked online here.

Etsy Market, Saturday 1

Indulge your creative side with Brighton's annual Etsy market, located in The Brighton Dome from 10 am to 5 pm. Promising over 85 local designers and hundreds of unique items, this is a perfect opportunity to pick up some truly unique gifts for the festive season.

More information is available here, and entry to the event is free.

Lighting of the Library Square Menora, Monday 3

In celebration of the second night of Hanukkah, the lighting ceremony will happen at 4:30 in Library square. Keeping with Hanukkah tradition, of eating fried foods, 500 donuts will be distributed at the event. Yum!

Christmas in the Great Hall, Tuesday 4

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqh5A0FAkiP

On December 4th Mandela Hall hosts 'Christmas in the Great Hall'; a traditional three course Christmas meal with live entertainment and complementary mulled drink upon arrival.

Tickets are available here.

Epik Wednesdays Snow Party, Wednesday 5

Offering the usual high energy entertainment of 'Epik Wednesday' at Pryzm, with the added festive spin of a full on indoor snow party. This event promises to be a fantastic way to kick off the festivities this December.

Sussex Christmas lights switch on, Friday 7

(It will likely be less snowy this year)

Friday the 7th sees the official illumination the enormous Christmas tree currently occupying Library square. From 4 pm, there will be complementary mince pies and mulled wine on offer. In previous year this has always been a well attended event and fun for the whole Sussex community.

Friday I'm in love Xmas jumper special, Friday 7

This classic club night takes a festive twist, with their very own Christmas jumper event. Time to wack out your best festive tee for free entry before midnight.

Alyssa Edwards at The Powder Room, Saturday 8

Any super-fan of Rupaul's drag race is likely already well aware of this one. Legendary queen from the hit TV series comes to Brighton this December. Performing at Revenge's 'The Powder Room', the show is set to be filled with glitter, tongue-pops and plenty of energy.

Tickets available here, but they are selling fast so move quick.

Santa Dash, Saturday 8

Hundreds of Santas racing in the cold for charity sounds like a perfect Saturday, right? The 5 km charity run is all in aid of great charities and is also a lot of fun to watch. It kicks off at 10:30 am on Hove lawns; with more information about the event available here.

Winter Ball, Sunday 9

Returning for a fifth year, ROX's biggest event of the month has found a new home this year at the beachfront Hilton Hotel. Building on the success of previous years, this year's ball is set to be the biggest and best yet. Offering a champagne reception, winter wonderland decor, and dodgems, to name but a few; this is sure to be one of the hottest events of the year.

Tickets here.

Secret Discotheque Christmas Party, Thursday 20

Rounding out the popular Christmas themed club nights, Secret Discotheque get in on the Christmas spirit on the 20th. Offering 'an immersive light show and video experience' this will be quite the night if you're staying around in Brighton past the end of term.