All the things you’ll regret after Sussex Freshers’ Week

Messy freshers are the best freshers

| UPDATED Hide Images

Freshers’ week, we’ve all been there. It’s the week that is anticipated as the best week of your life, but leaves you cringing at all the messy antics you got up too.

It’s day one, and you’ve got an awful feeling that you’re going to have one too many tequilas and make a right tit of yourself, and you’re not wrong. After a week long sesh and a serious case of freshers’ flu, those dodgy memories that you thought you had forgotten, come back to haunt you.

Here’s a reminder of all the things you’ll regret after Freshers’ Week.

How far into your overdraft you are

It isn’t a night out without someone calling to get the tequilas in, always a fatal move. Although your bank balance is screaming stop, you think “what a bloody brilliant idea” and buy the whole round anyway. Plus, you can’t make friends without alcohol, right?

This pic cost me two tequilas, but more importantly, I was able to show Mum I had made friends lol

Sleeping with your new flatmate

What happens in Pryzm stays in Pryzm is what they said. Yet somehow, the whole block of Northfield already knows what happened between you and your new flatmate last night.

A quick kiss in Pryzm seemed harmless at the time, however it quickly became horrendously awkward the morning after, when you’re now trying to avoid each other in the corridors. Is it too late to swap rooms?

Your new total of Facebook Friends

What seemed like a reasonable friend list of about 500 friends pre-university, has now turned into an outrageous figure of 6 million randomers from across the whole of the UK. Adding your best new gal pals you have known for five mins seemed like a great idea at 3am. Now you’re stuck with a load of random Facebook friends you’re never going to see again, classic.

Your next venture onto snap maps finds all kinds of new bitmojis popping up. From “Liz_xo” in a firefighter costume to “Jackboi1” dressed as a stupid dragon. Lacking memory of the night before, you’re just left thinking: who are they?

The cringe self-timer flat pic

If you aren’t already cringing at that flat pic you took on self timer in freshers, you should be.

Who came up with this idea then?

The DMC you had with some girl from Lewes Court

The night is in full swing and the alcohol is following. Next thing you know, you’re crying to some girl you can’t even remember the name of about how much you struggled with your A-levels. Not ideal.

The next time you bump into her on campus is super awkward and you’re deffo regretting your emotional drunkness. What a mess.

Your late night trip to the beach

A night out in Brighton isn’t complete without the obligatory trip to the beach.

Your beer jacket is well and truly on when you decide it would be a great idea to go for a little paddle. Next thing you know, you’re fully swimming in the sea in the middle of September.

Regrets x

The forbidden text you sent to your ex

Anyone who says they have never drunk texted is lying. We’re all victims of intoxicated texting and it’s the absolute cringe of Freshers’ Week.

You’ve dropped your ex the “I miss you” text and you don’t remember until he replies “wtf” the next morning. Suddenly, your hangover just got a lot worse.

Letting promoters into your halls

Everyone seems to forget to warn freshers about the club promoters that bombard you in the street and in your home. What was an innocent answering of the door, has resulted in your flat covered in posters promoting Brighton’s club nights.

After accepting a few promoters on Facebook, you are now being bombarded with guest list invites, wristband offers and club stickers. No, promoter Tom, I don’t want to be put on your guest list for Shooshh.

I’ll take three lanyards and a dozen stickers, thanks Tom babe x

That’s just about all the regrets I can manage without getting a cramp in my neck from cringing so hard. You’re a hero for making it this far in. Now, when’s the next night out?