Image may contain: Vehicle, Transportation, Train Station, Train, Terminal, Subway, Theater, Room, Orchestra Pit, Orchestra, Musical Instrument, Music, Leisure Activities, Interior Design, Indoors, Person, People, Human

Sussex Refreshers Week: Here’s everything that’s happening

In case one Freshers’ wasn’t enough

After a long Christmas break and a stressful month of exams, start off the new term just as you started the last one – with a packed Refreshers Week. There will be a Refreshers Fair, as well as many activities and events happening on campus throughout the week. Don't miss out!

Lucy Williams, Activities Officer for the Students' Union said this about Refreshers' Week:

"Refreshers Week aims to have something for everyone.

"In my manifesto I said I wanted students to know more about the things they can do through the Students' Union and Refreshers Week is a great way to find something you love.

"You'll be able to meet students running lots of our sports clubs and societies at the Refreshers Fair, but in the meantime you can find out more about them on our website."

The Students' Union has announced something for everyone, from a Harry Potter Marathon, to bringing back Jazz and Gin night, to a DragSoc takeover of East Slope Bar. Oh, and don't forget the all-important Refreshers' Fair to reignite your extra-curricular endeavours.

Here's what's going down.

Saturday 3rd February

Unleash your inner Potterhead with a Harry Potter marathon in Room 76 from 11am to 11pm. There'll be films screening all weekend along with themed snacks and refreshments.

Once you're ready to hit the sesh, Brighton Rox will be taking over East Slope Bar from 8pm to 2am to kickstart Refreshers week with an epic night of music and drink deals.

Sunday 4th February

The Potter Marathon continues in Room 76, 11am to 11pm, and with more snacks and refreshments.

If you want to get in the mood for the Superbowl, head down to East Slope Bar from 5pm for the first Sunday quiz of the year — USA themed! Then from 8pm the Superbowl returns to East Slope for one last time, with the Sussex Saxons also hosting a screening at the clubhouse.

Monday 5th February

Head over to Room 76 from 10:30am to 1:30pm for a Boxset Breakfast with your favourite TV shows.

Then end the day at The Globe in Brighton for a free screening of Spirited Away in their cosy Basement Cinema. The Globe holds free screenings every Monday with anything from cult classics such as The Room and Labyrinth to Love Actually at Christmas. All they ask is that you buy a drink before heading downstairs.

So many choices..

Tuesday 6th February

The weekly market is back at Falmer Quad, with fresh produce, international street food, cakes and crafts.

From 11am to 4pm, head down to Falmer House for the 2018 Refreshers Fair to see everything the Students' Union has to offer including; societies, sports clubs, student media, student campaign groups, university departments and external Brighton businesses.

End the day from 8pm in East Slope Bar with the first SKINT of the year with the usual pint-cocktails, super-cheap drinks and a DJ until 2am. For a faster-paced evening, head over to Mandela Hall in Falmer House from 7pm until 10pm for a roller-disco — strap on your skates for an hour of disco heaven.

Wednesday 7th February

Start the day with the Sussex Buddy Scheme in Room 76 for a cup of tea and a slice of cake from 10am to 12pm. Then check out your housing options for the upcoming academic year at the Housing Fair in Falmer House's Common Room from 10am to 3pm.

Share your favourite foods from home and discover new and exciting dishes at the 'pot-luck' style International Food Party in Mandela Hall from 6:30pm until 9:30pm.

DragSoc will be holding a Rainbow ball in Room 76 from 7pm until 11pm for a celebration of queer culture on campus and beyond, with performances all night long.

From 8pm until 2am, head over to the SU's venue in the heart of Brighton, The Globe, for another SKINT night, with great drinks deals and music until the early hours. Alternatively, the SU's epic weekly sport night will be back at PRYZM every Wednesday for the new term.

Thursday 8th February

The mature students' coffee morning will take place in Room 76 from 1am to 12pm; come along to meet fellow mature students over a cuppa and a slice of cake. The Students' Union will be there to discuss future event ideas and keep you up to date with what's happening this term. Head over to the Falmer House Common Room from 2pm to 4pm for the Sussex Buddy Scheme Afternoon Tea.

Postgraduate Education Officer Sarah will be putting on a screening of The Death of Stalin just for post-grads in the Debating Chamber from 2pm to 4pm.

Go to Room 76 from 7pm to 11pm for an evening of Gin and Jazz, discovering some amazing flavours and local treats.

Head over to the Hippie Roadshow at Concorde 2 from 9pm for Brighton's newest funk, soul and disco club night. Expect psychedelic visuals and the best entertainment until late.

Finally, URF will be taking over East Slope Bar from 8pm playing all your favourite Naughty Noughties bangers.

Friday 9th February

Post-grad board games will be taking place in the Students' Union Common Room from 4pm to 7pm.

Get down to the Sports Centre from 7pm to 9:30pm for the Active Us UV Party. Join in for an evening of UV fun and activity to celebrate Trial It Week.

Head over to Room 76 from 11pm to 1am to catch the opening of the 2018 Winter Olympics .

Saturday 10th February

DragSoc will be taking over East Slope Bar from 8pm to 2am with an all dancing late night extravaganza featuring glitter bomb shots, drag-themed cocktails, and a collection of the best gay anthems of all time!

Thursday 15th February

Round off the start of your term with the return of Brighton's biggest collaborative club night, Synergy II at PRYZM, from 9pm until late.