St Andrews secures its place as the third best university in the UK

We were only beaten by Oxbridge

The Times ‘Good University Guide 2021’ has just been published and St Andrews is one of the top three universities across the whole UK, coming in at 3rd, just behind Cambridge and Oxford.

St Andrews are the only Scottish university to fall within the top ten, with the next Scottish University – University of Glasgow – ranking at 14th.

The Good University Guide rankings are based on the universities teaching quality, research quality, student experience, entry standards, percentage of firsts/2:1s, graduate prospects, student to staff ratio, services/facilities spend and university completion rate.

With an overall score of 967/1000, St Andrews retained its position in third place for the second year running. Cambridge received a score of 1000/1000 and Oxford 982/1000.

St Andrews also had the highest student experience score in the top 40 universities with a total of 86.3.

We also had the highest teaching quality score in the top 40 universities with a total of 86.7.

The St Andrew entry tariff was second highest with 211, beaten only by Cambridge with 212 and and much higher than leaders Oxford who only has a score of 203.