A Karl on campus

The most influential man in the fashion world made our little town even more fashionable (if that’s possible). The head designer of Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld, was reportedly spotted on Market […]

The most influential man in the fashion world made our little town even more fashionable (if that’s possible). The head designer of Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld, was reportedly spotted on Market Street heading into Sainsburys. (Talent scouting? Or maybe just buying some apples.)

Our fashionista bystander reported that it was obvious who he was due to his classic white hair, although apparently he wasn’t wearing his trademark sunglasses “because who wears sunglasses in Scotland?!”. The same reporter said, “it was really exciting; I definitely did a double-take when I first spotted him.” Very understandable, even if it was because he wasn’t in red trousers and wellies.

Lagerfeld is reportedly in Scotland for his Metiers d’Art fashion show at Linlinthgow Palace, which will take place on the 3rd of December. The event follows Chanel’s recent acquisition of the Barrie Knitwear Mill, so expect Scottish tweed and cashmere to feature heavily.

In case he decides to investigate any more of our lovely little town, dust off the fur coats, bring out your fingerless gloves and I-can-hardly-see sunglasses and hit Market Street like it’s Fashion Week. You might just get the attention of the man himself, after all he knows style…

Image courtesy of style.com