Sobar launches new student night, is now selling fishbowls

A four pint cocktail for £8, may the Lord help us all. Sobar is kicking off the new academic year by bringing a new night to the Southampton calendar, ‘Carnival […]

A four pint cocktail for £8, may the Lord help us all.

Sobar is kicking off the new academic year by bringing a new night to the Southampton calendar, ‘Carnival Fridays’, officially launching September 25th.

There are several new things being offered, including candy floss, carnival masks and Mardi Gras beads, but the most eye-catching new arrivals are the fishbowls.

The end is nigh

These are exclusive to Friday nights, and will cost £8. Containing 4 pints of cocktail, these provide a very respectable amount of bang for your buck.

Sobar manager Becky told the Soton Tab they “wanted to introduce something different to what is currently being sold in student venues and something that would remind students of their travels in the summer, as everyone loves a fishbowl!”

“Fishbowls go hand in hand with the carnival theme as they fit the themes of sharing and having fun.”

Who needs Notting Hill?

But can Sobar dislodge Switch from its position of Friday night go-to?

Stephen, third year Biomed student said ‘I’m up for giving it a try, need some variety on a Friday night’.

Henry, second year English student said’Not sure about the theme but can’t complain about the prices’.

It’s hard to say whether or not Carnival Fridays will become Southampton’s number one Friday night destination, but it looks like it will put up a fight, and nobody can say a little competition isn’t healthy for us as paying customers (even if £8 fishbowls aren’t).

Does Sobar’s Carnival Friday look good to you? Let us know in the comments.