Randomly, Sheffield Hallam University is opening a new campus in London

The campus is planned to open in 2025

Sheffield Hallam University has announced their plan to open a new campus in London.

The campus is planned to open for the 2025/26 academic year, aiming to have 5,000 students by 2030.

A small number of courses will be on offer, which aim to suit skillsets with high demand in the area. While also expanding on Hallam’s wider community reach to provide work experience placements within London and its surrounding areas.

It will be part of an £8bn development for Brent Cross Town in North-West London. Boasting 6,700 new homes the district aims to regenerate the local area, with the addition of also providing more than three million square foot of office space and fifty acres of green spaces.

Sheffield Hallam was approached by developer Related Argent and Barnet Council. The council said the university was selected on behalf of their emphasis on health and wellbeing. Highlighting that the university’s track record in long-term economic sustainability aligned with their vision for Brent Cross Town.

Vice-Chancellor, Professor Sir Chris Husbands said: “This new opportunity will allow us to build on our strengths in applied teaching, learning, work-based activities, consultancy, research and development.

“Sheffield Hallam is and always will be a university proudly rooted in South Yorkshire, with a long tradition of playing an active civic role.

“But we are also a university committed to engaging nationally and globally, and to raising the profile and impact of the city and the region more widely. This new development will create new opportunities for the university community, as well as for local and regional partners.”

Featured Image Courtesy of Brent Cross Town.

• University of Sheffield and Sheffield Hallam lecturers will be striking for three days this month

• University of Sheffield has announced the support its giving for the cost of living crisis

• The mother of Sheffield student who died is calling for a change in the law