Just five reasons why Eccy Road is the best Hallam area

It’s Hallam’s most popular area for students

As the “greenest city in Europe”, Sheffield City Centre has a lot to offer, especially for students. The city of Sheffield is home to roughly 60,000 students, from both Uni of and Hallam combined, and at just a stones throw from the centre, Eccy Road is the perfect area for all students. It’s one of Sheffield’s most popular areas for student housing, since it has so much to offer.

From amazing food to multiple charity shops, here are five reasons why Eccy Road is the best student area:

1. The FOOD is unbeatable

There’s food for everyone on Eccy Road. Catering for all tastes, there’s a cuisine for every student. Whether it’s a hungover breakfast at The Sheaf Island (Spoons), or a tasty evening meal at Mowgli’s, you’ll never run out of options.

Eccy Road is home to quite a few classics like Nando’s, KFC and Pizza Express. If you fancy something slightly more bougie, restaurants like Nonna’s and The Italian Kitchen are perfect options, with cocktails and 3 course meals on offer.

2. Shops galore!

Whether it’s charity shops or independent boutiques, you’ll always find a good shop on Eccy Road.

There’s a huge array of different outlets on Eccy Road, for whatever vibe you’re going for. If you’re looking for birthday gifts for a friend, Oliver Bonas and The White Stuff are perfect.

Or, if you’re looking for a charity shop haul, Cancer Research, Age UK and The British Heart Foundation are all on your doorstep, so fill your boots. And, not to mention there are dozens of coffee shops and cafes, ideal for a chilled lunch.

3. There’s amazing nightlife for every student

Eccy Road is ideal for going out. With places like The Nursery Tavern and Champs Sports Bar, going out on Eccy Road is never a boring night. If you fancy a fun night out with the girls, Kettle Black or Portland House are great shouts, boasting deals and offers on cocktails and spirits.

Eccy Road is super popular for pre-drinks too, since it’s so close to all 0f Sheffield’s clubs and bars. Spoons is always on the cards, since it’s so cheap and convenient. But, if you fancy something different, Lost and Found or Amaro Lounge also offer fantastic nightlife.

4. The beautiful scenic views

As you walk down Eccy Road, you’ll eventually find beautiful Botanical Gardens, home to gorgeous Sheffield views and aesthetic scenery, (with over 5000 different species of plants!). It’s perfect for a sunny picnic and a stroll.

Just down the road from the Gardens is Endcliffe Park, another beautiful green space, ideal for a giant game of rounders with your mates on a Sunday.

5. It’s so close to uni that you’ll never miss a lecture

Whether you’re at Collegiate or City Campus, both are super easy to get to, and just a short walk away. So, if you do end up spending too much time doing your charity shop haul, you’ll be sure you can still make it to your lecture.

Even if you are running slightly behind, there’s an endless number of buses that run up and down Eccy Road all day long, and they’re so cheap!!!

Eccy Road is also a super popular area for student housing, which is great for students who want to be on top of the hustle and bustle of the area 24/7!

Related stories recommended by this writer

Six things guaranteed to happen on your Sheffield night out

Five of our favourite tattoo studios in Sheffield

Sheffield Clubbers of the Week: A lot to see in week three