Five of our favourite tattoo studios in Sheffield

Before committing to the ink, it’s important to pick the right studio for you…

Getting a tattoo can be both an exciting and a nerve wracking experience. It’s important to make sure you have researched which tattoo studio is going to work best for you and create your perfect piece of body art. Luckily for us, Sheffield has plenty of well respected studios. Here are the Sheffield Tabs five favourite.

The Workhouse

Where: Unit 1 Harvest Works, Sheffield
Instagram: @theworkhousetattoo

The Workhouse is a custom tattoo studio located in Kehlam Island. They have eight unique artists, who all offer extraordinary designs – in a range of styles. They produce ranging from traditional designs and black work to surrealist and dot work. Their team have a relaxed mentality, which may be exactly what you need if you’re feeling apprehensive about getting your first tattoo. The studio is welcoming and friendly, making everyone feel calm and comfortable on arrival. They even offer you a beer.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUTqk9vosPs/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Golden Heart Collective

Where: 918 Ecclesall Road
Instagram: @goldenheartcollective

Golden Heart Collective is a small, electric tattoo studio found on Ecclesall Road. Whilst it’s a small team of four artists, they are always posting new and exciting designs onto their Instagram page. Something that allows this studio to stand out, is their vintage jelly bean machine filled with capsules, holding surprise tattoo ideas. The machine is sectioned into four different parts, one for each artist. So, whilst you can choose artist and style, the tattoo is unknown. This is a great idea for when you’re feeling impulsive and perhaps don’t want to think too much about your tattoo design.

@goldenheartcollective design

FYD Tattoo

Where: 160 Devonshire Street
Instagram: @fydtattoo

Follow Your Dreams Tattoo is based in the city centre, on Devonshire Street. This friendly studio welcomes walk-ins, making them perfect for first timers and students. As well as giveaways, they sell their own prints and do flash tattoos to choose from, if you’re feeling spontaneous. The artists here are extremely talented and all offer a unique style of work. Follow Your Dreams regular post designs on their Instagram page, so you can browse their portfolios for inspiration ahead of visiting.

Crooked Claw

Where: 734 Ecclesall Road
Instagram: @crookedclawtattoo

Crooked Claw is home to four tattoo artists who specialise in traditional, neo-traditional and Japanese tattoos, whilst still catering for all kinds of styles and ideas. They pride themselves on their cleanliness, service and proficiency. If you are unsure on what design to have inked, they can either help you to create a custom design or you can choose from their collection. Crooked Claw’s studio has a friendly atmosphere and are welcoming to all, whether it’s your first time or your hundredth.

Blue Collar Club

Where:Unit 7 , 92 Harwood Street
Instagram: @bluecollarclubtattoo

Blue Collar club is located on Harwood Street, near to Bramall Lane. Five artists work at their studio and they offer an array of tattoo styles such as: Traditional bold, traditional Japanese, traditional blackwork and flash designs. The studio is very vibrant, casual and positive, making you feel incredibly comfortable during your session.

Recommended articles by this writer: