Balti King is providing free meals to NHS frontline workers throughout Ramadan

They are providing food parcels as often as required

Our beloved Broomhill curry house, Balti King, is delivering free meals to NHS workers on the frontline throughout the month of Ramadan.

Costed through generous donations from the public, they are delivering over 100 meals a day to NHS heroes in Sheffield who are working to tackle the pandemic.

“Our boys at Balti King are doing bits” says an anonymous poster to Sheffessions

Speaking about frontline workers, Balti King said: “We can only imagine how exhausted they must be at the end of the shift, and we want to help and do our bit to say thank you.”

Dr. Amer and Dr. Azharunnisa Shariff have praised the initiative highly and said: “In all our years of working for the NHS, we have never felt more appreciated.

“We can work overtime if needed, knowing that there will be enough food for our family at the end of the day.”

They are delivering over 100 portions of curry and rice a day

Restaurant owner, Tony Hussain, said: “Some of the people who we are helping now used to eat with us when they were students. That is why we’ve been here 29 years, that’s one of the only advantages, helping people.”

According to their donations page, it costs £5 to feed an NHS worker and all the money will help cover the cost of ingredients, administration and deliveries.

You can donate here.