Image may contain: Text, Finger, Human, Person

100,000 students could be owed money from Student Finance England

Graduates could claim up to £1,000.

Up to 100,000 students who have graduated in the last three years alone could be owed hundreds by Student Finance England.

Financial journalist Martin Lewis reminded viewers of Martin Lewis Money Show that, if you graduated after 1998, then you could be owed money for over-paying on repayments to Student Finance England.

People who embarked on higher education from 1998 onwards officially do not have to start paying back their student loan until the April after they graduated.

Lewis told viewers: "Most people leave university in July, so you have about nine months 'til the following April."

The money advice website founded by Lewis- moneysavingexpert.com – found in the last three years alone more than 100,000 graduates began repayments too soon.

Student Finance England make it really easy to claim your money back, just call them with your account details and ask if you’re owed money for that period.

If you are entitled to get money back they’ll have it sent to your bank account within 4-5 working days.

So master’s, PhD, and doctoral students could be owed a tidy sum.

To contact Student Finance England call 0300 100 0611.