Sheffield named UK’s friendliest city

Steel city on top form

In a new survey organised by the Co-op, Sheffield beat off the likes of Birmingham, Nottingham and Norwich to the title of most friendly city in the UK, which included giving a helping hand to neighbours.

A survey of 2,000 adults found that a parcel delivery is now the main reason someone calls on the person living next door to ask a favour. However, the research also discovered that one in four people over the age of 45 do not have a neighbour they can call on for help or a favour.

Sheffield was said to be the most neighbourly and friendly city, followed by  Birmingham, Edinburgh and Nottingham.

Slay.

Co-op’s Rufus Olins said: Having neighbours that you can turn to, whether that’s to take in a parcel, borrow some milk or just for a chat, is so important. 

This research shows that we have much to do to improve our neighbourly spirit and foster that sense of community.

“We all want to feel part of a community and know that someone is there to help a hand.”

Class from Sheffield yet again.

University of Sheffield

The Tab Sheffield

last seen today at 06:32

Get breaking Sheffield news straight to your WhatsApp.

Find out about the latest campus racism stories, mad shit happening in Corp, and if anyone decides to occupy the Arts Tower again. Straight into your DMs. 😘