Man arrested after dismembered body found in suitcase

Police are still searching for the head and limbs

A man has been arrested on the suspicion of murder, after a burned and dismembered body was found inside a suitcase in a lay-by off the A628 at Tintwistle on 10 October.

Ming Jiang (42), of Falconwood Way in Manchester, was charged by Derbyshire Police on Sunday afternoon. Jiang was due to appear before magistrates at Chesterfield Justice Centre on Monday 24 October.

The shocking discovery of the burned dismembered body in the suitcase was made on Monday 10 October at 12:30pm. The remains were apparently dumped sometime between 9:00pm and midnight on Sunday 9 October.

The suitcase was described as a 196 litre black Samsonite Rhapsody Stockton. The Police believe the man was 18-40 years old with white or light-coloured skin and was 5ft 11ins (1.73m to 1.80m) tall.

Police are still searching for the limbs and head, but have identified the dead man after DNA samples were taken. However, they are not releasing the man’s identity until the family have been told.

Detectives from the East Midlands Special Operations Unit are leading the investigation and a dedicated number has now been set up to take calls from across the country from people who want to come forward with information. This number is 0800 056 0944.