BNOC of the year: The final

Crown your victor

With over an insane 4900 votes flooding into our infamous Big Name On Campus competition, you have selected the BNOCs you want to go head to head in the grand finale.

The initial twelve names have been whittled down to four. These champs are the winners of the three heats, plus the next biggest scorer across all three rounds.

This is the most prestigious award and the fiercest competition of the year. Who will take the throne as Sheffield’s Biggest Name On Campus of 2016?

Robert Edwards

Winner of group one we have Robert “Bosh / Dorian Yates / The Unit / Kronk” Edwards, coming in with a monumental 954 votes, the greatest lead out of all three groups. Clearly this boy has a truly dedicated following around Sheffield.

He is the president of Engineers Rugby and is a hard hitting, big lifting politics student. Known among many circles, Rob is usually seen in either the S10 gym or curling huge politics books in the IC, in preparation for his weekly ventures to Pop Tarts.

A man with so much bulk he adds another element to the term big name on campus.

Patrick Trant

Patrick took round two by storm, stealing 41.35% of all the votes and clearing his path to the final.

As one of the biggest drinkers in Sheffield, buying 100 jäger bombs in Bar One, and totalling £500 behind the bar after Varsity, it is no surprise that Patrick has hurtled straight into the final. This boy claims that he has drank more jäger bombs in the past year than anyone in the world and if this doesn’t make Patrick a BNOC then we don’t know what does.

Drinks on Patrick if he wins.

Merry Rogerson

Mary is the only girl in the final, and has definitely shown the boys how it’s done as she racked up the second highest number of votes in her round of 715.

Crazy Merry, as she’s also know, is absolutely nuts. She’s only been in the Steel City for a year, but already her name is on everybody’s lips for her mad antics. She’s already been in hospital three times this year for being to drunk and excited, has swam around Endcliffe pond, and has been thrown out of lectures for raving.

This BNOC knows how to party and never holds back. Is she your champion this year?

David Appiah

David Appiah has sneaked into the final based on number of votes alone. Merry won their group, but based on points David defeated all other nominees, with a triumphant 654 votes.

David knows everyone and anyone, if you don’t know David Appiah, you don’t know yourself. He basks in fame on a night out, and rumour has it he’s even been offered a VIP table in Foundry… we didn’t know there was one either.

David rivals Merry as Endcliffe’s biggest celebrity, so in this nail biting final which fresher will win?

Pick your champion now, it will be the most important decision you make today.