Your guide to post-exam nights out

Hold onto your sanity and plan for post-exams

With exam season looming and deadlines creeping up, one way to stave off blues is to plan how you’re going to cut loose after you gain back freedom from academia.

Here’s the lowdown on your options:

The Tuesday Club’s summer carnival

Always a top night, on the 7th June, the TTC brings carnival to the union. The line-up is full of big names including the likes of Wiley, Preditah and Cause & Effect. Last years event with Shy FX was an amazingly jam packed night, with this year holding even more promise and with 11 hours of live music spread over five venues, you can safely dance away all of your exam frustrations.

An overwhelmingly popular choice, the event has sold out and if you want to bag yourself a ticket, there will  1-in-1-out on the door from midnight.

Vibes

NLR Cosmic Carnival

Taking place at Hope Works on the 10th June, the event will have an intimate and relaxed atmosphere, what more could you want?

Nice Like Rice are responsible for some of the most exciting events in the steel city and their cosmic carnival is no different. Hosting Romare and KiNK and lasting from 6pm until 6am, the good times never have to end. There will also be a full samba band to end the daytime proceedings along with all the usual NLR magic decor and art.

Lighting always on fleek

Soul Jam End of Term Party

Hitting the Harley on June 9th is the beloved Soul Jam and their celebratory end of exams blowout. As most of you know, SJ provides the best mix of funk, soul and disco for an all night party. With an intimate venue, good vibes and no stress of exams, this is where you want to be on the 9th.
The Harley is tiny and tickets have sold out already, so if you want the chance to boogie down then you’ll have to queue up. And judging on previous Soul Jams, you may spend all night stood on Glossop Road, so get there as early as possible.

Raucous

Gett Off x Bluewave

The magical combination of Gett Off and Bluewave have got together for a full takeover of The Night Kitchen on June 11th, with music across all three rooms. Not only are there some of the most popular names in bass, there is also a jerk barbecue (yas) and tropical inflatables.

Having snared the likes of Plastician and DJ Q, there is sure to be a range of music across The Night Kitchen including Jungle, Dub and even a 90’s party later on.

Tropical af

Summer social circus 

The union’s summer social circus, taking place on 10th June, is widely popular and with the tickets selling out online  in just four minutes, the event is going to be full to capacity. In order to get yourself to this one you’re going to need to abandon your pride and start begging on the freshers Facebook page.

There is a massive range of potentially injury inducing activities taking place across the day including a roller disco, crazy golf, circus attractions and fire breathers, all of which promise to excite.

Last year’s wonderland theme was taken very seriously across all the events taking place and this year is likely to be no different, so don your best circus performer outfits and abandon your dignity.

That’s cool, didn’t need to sleep tonight

Tramlines

The holy grail of post-exam fun, Tramlines is getting bigger and better having been nominated for the UK festival award for best metropolitan festival last year. With the range of acts including Dizzee Rascal, Catfish and the Bottlemen and Kelis spread across three days and nights, it is an event not to be missed.

A unique mixture of students and locals, Tramlines can be enjoyed by all and the mixture of musical genres enhances an already great weekend. New measures are even being taken to reduce queuing, increase available bars and toilets and speed up with wristband process, what a time to be alive.

Plug

Alternatively, you could ignore all the interesting events going on and head down to plug to hear a playlist that hasn’t changed in months.

Let your basic bitch out