Sheffield social life ranked the best in the UK

It also ranked third for student experience

Sheffield social life was ranked the best in the UK in The Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey.

The survey collated results from 15,000 students, ranking the Sheffield social life at number one , and its student experience as the highest in the whole of Yorkshire and Humber.

Our SU also smashed it out the park and was branded the best in the UK for the eighth year running.

Shining throughout the annual survey, Sheffield also received joint first place for its community atmosphere and soared to number one in the leaderboards for accommodation.

It gained top rankings for how many of its students would recommend Sheffield to a friend, and a third place positioning for its extra-curricular clubs and societies.

Isn’t it beaut

The Times survey also listed us third place for student experience out of a list of 117 institutions nationally, with an 85% satisfaction score.

We were rivalled only by Harper Adams University, who ranked marginally more with 85.8%, and Loughborough, who came top with 86.2%.

Despite being beaten, Sheffield is the only Uni to have constantly ranked in the top three for student experience for the last three years running.

‘Does your SU play non stop retro pop?’

Hannah Galtress, an English Literature finalist, is one of the many impressed with the news. She said: “It’s really great that Sheffield is getting recognised in so many categories this year, and is continuing to smash it on such a massive scale.

“I would recommend Sheffield Uni to anyone in a heartbeat, and if these satisfaction tables are anything to go by then it’s doing something right.”