Winter fashion: The thermals edition

We show you how it’s done

Winter clothing alone is a fine art to master, but how you can to expect to love what’s on the outside when you don’t respect what’s underneath?

Thermals are a vitally important yet seemingly overlooked outfit necessity on campus.

Since when did seeking out that extra bit of warmth, and wearing skin tight lycra whilst doing so, become something to be frowned upon so greatly?

Thermals are great. Get over it.

Just waiting for a bus

Calum’s figure hugging leggings and mange-tout balaclava top proved to be an absolute hit whilst stood gazing into the Prithi Raj. The balaclava gently smooths his head into a charming walnut shape, making the whole look utterly irresistible.

Daisy on the other hand, keeps it typically basic, if a bit unadventurous. The monochrome M&S set is simple and understated, but admittedly the mittens make it something special.

As a rule, if you’re going to do gloves, make sure they look like woodland creatures.

<3 Kebab World <3

Ever heard the phrase less is more? Ignore it.

Calum doesn’t shy away from loading on the layers, and either should you.

Steal her look: Primarni Mens, 2006 collection

Who said thermals had to be dull and unfashionable? This charmingly festive all in one is not only a fantastic insulator, but ever so flattering on the figure.

The snowman image, which resembles something from Microsoft Clip Art 1997, only makes this burgundy beauty even more endearing.

Werk it sista

Ultimately, in our biting South Yorkshire climate, those M&S woolies aren’t always going to suffice.

Step it up a notch and customise a thermal pneaumonia blanket into your very own bodycon dress or jumpsuit. Alternatively, improvise with a roll of kitchen foil and some masking tape.

Honestly, it looks just as good.

A/W Lookbook 2014

Behind that cyber man mask is a face that know’s that she’s looking pretty easy on the eye right about now.

Foil not only offers a princess level of shine, but completely eradicates hair or make up troubles, and most importantly maintains your core body temp at pretty much Saharan.

The much loved burrito get up may add twenty minutes onto your journey and over double that in prep time, but two minutes down Whitham Road and you won’t know if you’re in Broomhill or Brazil.

At the end of the day, Calum knows he looks great

Always remember, thermals are, and always will be, a bold look.

Don’t hold back. Hold your head high and own it.