Lola Lo’s set to replace Varsity

2015 opening for new Sheffield bar

West Street is going upmarket with the introduction of a new Lola Lo to the city.

The Tiki chain is already popular in other student cities such as Oxford, Cambridge and Manchester, and is set to open here in 2015.

It’s taking the place of Varsity, the low-rent Bar/Restaurant which closed in early summer ‘for refurbishment’, and never returned.

Looking good ladies

‘Lola’s’ as it is more commonly known, is owned by Eclectic, who also own Fez and Sakura.

The Tiki chain is known for its tropically dressed bar staff and wide range of cocktails, and it’ll also serve food throughout the day.

Set to open in 2015

Second Year English student Katie isn’t really sure if the new bar will be for her: “I’ll really miss the half price food in Varsity on Mondays’ she says.

Second year Hallam Student, Siobhan has visited Lola Lo’s in Manchester and is wondering how the Sheffield experience will compare.

She told us ‘I’m not sure its in a very good place, with a 24/7 booze shop on one side and Popeyes takeaway on the other. I don’t know how well it will do.’