Hallam forfeit Varsity points

Hallam have forfeited any points from today’s Varsity football, due to poor behaviour from the Hallam football teams.

It was announced last night by Hallam’s sport officer that their men’s football club would not receive any Varsity points from today’s fixtures regardless of the results.

The decision was made due the actions of the club following last weekends Varsity match at Hillsborough, which ended 4-2 to Hallam, as well as behaviour at previous events.

Hallam have had a streak of poor behaviour.

Announcing the decision on Facebook, Josh Saydraouten revealed that if a Hallam team won their fixture neither side would receive any points. Uni will receive half a point and a point for a draw and a win respectively.

Josh added message to everyone taking part in varsity and the spectators saying, ”Please let these sanctions to all players and spectators and we urge all to remember the Varsity oath; pride, respect, fair play and sportsmanship.”

Hallam students were far from happy, asking “Why would we as Team Sheffield Hallam ever agree to this…. It could cost us varsity?”, whilst another commenter claimed that this was “Proof once again, that footballers are generally wankers”

At least Joe Diamond is pleased.

Wondering how it’s all going? Follow @TheTabSheffield on twitter for updates of today’s Varsity events.