Outrage as student bus fares set to rise to £1.

Students are to be hit with hike in bus fares, taking the student price to the dreaded one pound mark.

Students are to be hit by a 20p hike in bus fares from the end of March. Some students will remember those heady heights of a 50p bus journey, a mere two years go. Those days are long gone.

Student wallets are taking a pounding…

Bus operators First have announced a number of fare increases averaging more than 13%, with student pockets being amongst the hardest hit with an increase of 25%.

First’s spokesman Ben Gilligan said: “We appreciate nobody likes any increase to fares.” He also announced new child week and day tickets were being launched, good news for those of you baby faced enough to pass as under fifteen.

First things First… Give me all your money.

Sam Lane Evans, third year Politics and Sociology student said: ‘I am outraged. It was 50p when we were in first year, that means it has increased 100% in two years, which I believe it quite considerably above inflation.’

Other third years were less emotional. Megan Richardson, a third year Geography student said: ‘Well at least you won’t have to faff around with change anymore.’

Every cloud…