The Tab Royal Holloway needs writers and we want YOU

No previous experience needed

If you are an avid writer, an aspiring reporter or if you just simply love making videos or making fun of all things student life- related (especially Roho)… Then we want YOU to join our team at The Tab Royal Holloway.

The Royal Holloway Tab is for RHUL students, written by Royal Holloway students which is what makes it so special. Take a look at previous articles we have published and you will find yourself wanting to join.

Wait a moment, do you not know what The Tab is? Just keep reading and we will solve your doubts.

What is The Tab? No, like, for real?

We are a student website filled with news, features, opinion (aka gossip) and fun quizzes to determine life-changing decisions like what your student accommodation says about you. We have over six million readers per month and Royal Holloway stories are published on The Tab Royal Holloway Facebook page as well as our Instagram account.

If journalism is something you are interested in, this is the place to be. We are always looking for breaking stories to write about like a student faking COVID- 19 infections on-campus accommodation or that time a student caught someone breaking into their house.

Great way to meet people at uni!

Why The Tab?

Your pieces will reach thousands of students just like you and me which is key to the foundation of  The Tab. You will start to understand how online news works within media if it is something you would be interested in in the future. There are many perks from being part of The Tab like journalistic experience and writing tips from the London HQ as well as professional opportunities and training.

Let’s write all Roho- related things x

So, how can I get involved?

This year is very different from what we are all used to at Royal Holloway (or any other uni for that matter). We used to do open meetings but, at the moment, that would compromise our safety due to COVID- 19. We can always hold online meetings so we are still looking for new writers this academic year and we are more than happy for you to contact us over Facebook, Instagram or pitch us your idea by clicking on the ‘Write For Us’ button.

We’re particularly encouraging students from minority backgrounds to sign up. If you feel like journalism isn’t typically accessible for people from your background, please do get in touch. No experience is needed, and you’ll have guidance from experienced editors to get you up and running, whether news or features is your thing. The process is simple. You don’t even need to apply – just get drop us a message if you’re interested and we’ll get you writing.

We can’t wait to hear from you!