Here are the hygiene ratings of Nottingham’s most iconic student spots

Some of the kebab shop ratings are questionable

I don’t know about you but I definitely do NOT check food hygiene ratings as much as I should when I go to restaurants or get takeaways. Mostly if I am getting a take away I will probably be drunk so won’t care too much about what I am eating but I have definitely had my fair share of dodgy kebabs after a night out and surprisingly enough, I have woken up from food poisoning more than once, but that could have been to do with the alcohol.

I decided to look at some at how Notts students’ favourite takeaway spots and see how they measure up in their food hygiene ratings according to the FSA. Lets just say that you might want to rethink your drunken kebab the next time you go out, just because it’s the only place open, doesn’t mean you have to go in.

Buns – 5/5

I really love buns, it has to be one of my favourite student spots and I am pleasantly surprised that Buns has the highest rating possible, definitely makes me more comfortable when ordering this whilst hungover after a Crisis.

Turtle Bay – 5/5

Everyone’s favourite bottomless brunch place, Turtle Bay. Personally, I am not a fan of Turtle Bay at all. However, everyone who loves it here will be happy to know that Turtle Bay has a great rating.

Magic Taste House – 3/5

Anyone who lives on Uni Park or in Beeston will have probably gotten a takeaway from Magic Taste House – it’s a relatively cheap Chinese takeaway and the delivery cost is only 79p. However, they did only score a 3/5, although I’m sure it’s probably cleaner than my uni kitchen is half the time and their rating is 4.5 on UberEats.

Mooch – 5/5

Thankfully, everyone’s favourite (overpriced) coffee shop has been rated five! This one doesn’t surprise me, I can’t imagine the SU letting themselves get anything less. So glad that we can carry on buying a coffee and a sausage roll for £8, Greggs could never!

Sushi mania – 5/5

I love Sushi Mania, but I do question how they can offer all-you-can-eat sushi for £20. The Nottingham branch has been lucky enough to get a five.

Zaap thai – 5/5

It’s basically a right of passage for all Notts students to dine here at least once over their time in Nottingham and they can do so with ease as Zaap is rated 5/5.

Thankfully, most of my faves weren’t rated too low! If your fave isn’t listed, check it out on FSA.

As a graduate, here is everything I will miss about being at University of Nottingham

I went for a fun day out in Nottingham for less than £10, here’s how you can too

• 10 things you’ll only understand if you’ve ever lived in Rutland Hall