The best locations on UoN’s campus to take your diss photos

You can probably guess the first one

It’s that time of year again. The libraries are full and the coffee consumed by students is at an all-time high. If you’re one of the lucky ones, your diss is handed in and the light is at the end of the tunnel for exams. Now, instead of procrastinating by zooming in on people’s diss titles on social media, you can plan your own pictures.

But, where can you go to take your diss pics? Haven’t got a clue? Don’t worry, The Tab Notts has got you covered.

Here’s a list of all the best places to take your diss pics.

Highfields Boating Lake by Trent

Surprise!! Bet you didn’t see this one coming. Easily the most idyllic place on University Park and everyone’s favourite Instagram story to prove they made it to lectures. Go down to the lake to get the perfect shot with the Trent building in the background – clock tower and all.

Diss pic in front of Trent building? Check

Trent’s courtyard

The Trent Building is just the gift that keeps on giving. All your years at UoN and you still don’t know your way around Trent building, but you only need to make it to the courtyard to get a great picture with your diss.

Your school

You’ve either spent your entire three years here or never stepped foot in your subject’s building. However, your dissertation is literally based on your subject so you should be proud of it and find that green “School of” sign.

The Nottingham sign

It’s the Hollywood of University Park and you wouldn’t go to LA without a picture in front of the Hollywood sign, would you? Right by north entrance, it’s the perfect place to really tell people where you went to uni, and it has been freshly repaired this year. This one is a must.

We’ll provide the place, but you guys have got the pose x

First year halls

Take it right back to where you began because your old halls is a great place to take your diss photo. Especially if you were lucky enough to have one of the really pretty halls (ahem… Hugh Stewart). But even if yours looks more like a prison, this one is perfect for the nostalgia.

Sherwood ’til I die x

Millennium Garden

As one of the prettiest parts of University Park, the Millennium Garden is the perfect place for a diss picture, especially if you’re all about the aesthetics. It’s situated behind the Monica Partridge Building.

You may have never even come across it before, but as a hidden gem of Uni Park, it’s a great one for the Instagram diss pic.

Great garden for a great diss pic

Highfields Boating Lake’s Gardens

Highfields Boating Lake and Serenity Gardens is a great place to get those Instagrammable snaps. With the bridge, gardens and lake, this place is beautiful.

Take advantage of having the prettiest campus ever

Library

Only do this one if you can face the trauma of going back after you’ve spent your life there writing your diss. But if you want to commemorate that hard work, then why not take a trip back to the library.

Congratulations on completing your diss and make sure to get those perfect pictures that can be savoured forever.

Related Stories recommended by this author:

• Notts students tell us about their accidental last night out before lockdown

A definitive ranking of every Notts bar you’ll visit after lockdown

The seven deadly sins of Crisis (that we miss so dearly)